Votes: 13 3.7%

Votes: 18 5.1%

Votes: 72 20.6%

Votes: 189 54.0%
  • 5 - highest level

Votes: 58 16.6%

• Total voters

jbeletti

Rate the "overall" quality of your Heartland trailer. A rating of 1 indicates that you feel that the "overall" quality of your Heartland trailer is low or poor. A rating of 5 indicates that you feel the "overall" quality of your Heartland trailer is very high.

Forum member and prospective Heartland owner GaryB suggested a poll to rate satisfaction in several areas to be used as a gauge for prospective owners.

As best that can be done within this forum's poll software, below are separate polls to gather and track this information. I ask that only current and former Heartland product owners take these 5 satisfaction polls. Member names will remain private for these 6 polls.

You will only be allowed to vote once and you will not be allowed to change your vote later. So please respond carefully to this one-time opportunity to vote in this poll.

Jim

Last edited:

BigBlue

BigBlue
I'd rate my trailer at a 3. To pay almost double for this trailer than my old one, a Montana. I've had problems I didn't have with my Montana.

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
I would give our Bighorn trailer a 4, but would give the service side of it from Heartland a 5

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
After trading in what we thought was a quality product, an 07' HR Alumascape, and seeing the major difference in construction compared with our new 3600RL Bighorn...Monaco should be ashamed of themselves!!

They took what used to be a quality product and cheapened it to the point our axle hanger actually ripped out of the frame due to inferior metal being used! Everything we've seen so far on our new unit is far superior...and we've been over this thing with a fine-tooth comb, inside and out, since picking it up. However, only time will tell...wish we'd looked at the HR this closely, we wouldn't have bought it!!

seamo

Bob and Christina Seaman
this is our 2nd Heartland Fiver-we had a Golden Gate and now 07 Grand Canyon. 4.5 for our Freedom II and 5 plus for the service, Heartland owners and Jim, our guru.

Christina and Bob Seaman
07 Grand Canyon (Freedom II)
01 Volvo 660 (Big Mama)
full time Rver's in Colorado Springs-loving it.

Wow! Looking at the polling results I'm a little concerned. In most polls you factor in ownership pride. I would have expected to see a number of 5's and there were none. I am supposed to pick up my Big Country this week - now I am wondering if I have made a mistake.

jbeletti

jmramiller,

I'd say it's a pretty honest ranking of how owners felt up to the point that they voted. Their experience may have since been even better or worse.

I feel what it shows is that Heartland does not build a perfectly constructed trailer. A pretty darned good one, yet imperfect. Also, some owners find that the unit didn't fulfill their expectations or didn't meet their needs.

I love my trailer but held back on the 5.0 as I had items that required adjusting/fixing during the first year. And still every now and then, something pops up that requires attention.

From what I have learned these last couple of years, reading thousands upon thousands of posts on many online forums, on trailers with all the systems these units have, Heartland "typically" rates as well as any of them.

Beyond that, it comes down to how good your dealer is at servicing you and how well the factory stands behind the product. A few will beg to differ but most find that Heartland stands behind their product. They truly want you to have a rich ownership experience and they do what they can to ensure this.

At the end of the day however, some people have expectations that Heartland has been unable to meet. For these few owners, it's a pretty sad ending and we all feel badly for them. Fortunately, for a handful of not so good stories, there are thousands of great stories.

We here on the forum truly hope you will love your Sundance and that once you get into it, use it, adjust as needed, come to know it well, that for your investment, that you feel it really delivers value for you and your family.

Best of luck on your upcoming delivery and you've come to the right place on the Internet to learn more about Heartland's product and to be helped by hundreds of of active forum members/product owners. We also look forward to your helpful comments and insights.

Jim

navyAZ1

jmramiller said:
Wow! Looking at the polling results I'm a little concerned. In most polls you factor in ownership pride. I would have expected to see a number of 5's and there were none. I am supposed to pick up my Big Country this week - now I am wondering if I have made a mistake.

IMHO a 5 would have to indicate a perfect product since we all know there is not such a thing then the highest I can give would be a 4 in the product as I have had a few minor items that needed attention but over all this is the best 5er we have owned (this is number 3). We used to have a CrossRoads Cruiser and when we wanted to upgrade we wanted to stay with CR however their Paradise Point which is suppose to be equal to the Big Horn doesn't even come close as far as quality and workmanship. Don't get me wrong CR still has a good product but IMO Heartland is on top as far as I'm concerned and our great Dealer McDonough RV made it that much better.:)

Uncle Rog

NavyAZ1, I had to vote a strong 4, the rig is magnificent and we love it. The only deduct is for QC in manufacturing and as you pointed out nothing is perfect. jmramiller, I thinkl if you read through most of these posts that there is a lot of owner pride in these units. In almost every campground we have been in I have several people want to poke their heads around the "horn" and most are pretty impressed with what they see! You will be fine with your rig enjoy it.....

Jimmyt5

I had two Sunnybrookks befor this one and they were great rv's. I must say as of right now being two months old the rig I have now rates right up there.

JIMnMICK

Fulltimming Workampers
:) WE have had our bighorn know for two years now we are fulltimers this is our house . I would give it a 4+ rating our dealer rvs for less and hartland have been great they get a 5 . We hope our next one will be a landmark but the bighorn is still the best for the money to me.

Pulltab

jmramiller said:
I would have to agree with the others that it would be hard for me to rate ANY product I have ever purchased with a perfect score. I voted 4, and to me that is about as good as it gets. We have had issues but I expected them, the involvement of the factory people here on the forum to make changes and help the consumer is fantastic and that I would give a perfect rating as I have never seen that type of assistance with others. Kudo's to Heartland!

Pulltab said:
I would have to agree with the others that it would be hard for me to rate ANY product I have ever purchased with a perfect score. I voted 4, and to me that is about as good as it gets. We have had issues but I expected them, the involvement of the factory people here on the forum to make changes and help the consumer is fantastic and that I would give a perfect rating as I have never seen that type of assistance with others. Kudo's to Heartland!

As I read more posts on the forum I understand the polling a little better. I am used to most polls being inflated that is why I would have expected more 5's. If 4 is "about as good as it gets" and 5 would be "this thing walks on water" then my fears are eased considerably. I usually dismiss any 1 ratings as someone just being really emotional about their situation. No offense meant to anyone, just the way I think.

In reviewing some of the other polls I did see more 5's so that is very encouraging also.

Thanks for taking time to help me understand and for releaving some of my fears.

My BC 3490 is now in the driveway and so far we could not be happier.

Jim; I gave my BH a 5 for quality,because 4 was not high enough. I had no issues in the pdi, and after a 100mi trip in April (unit delivered in March) two leaks developed. They were fixed by myself. I just completed a 1300mi trip from Ct. to Fl. and no problems. Keep up the good work Heartland, if my 3370RL #12364 Was ever damaged beyond repair, I would get another 3370RL

CTA

I would rate my Sundance 2998RB a "3" from 1 - 5. New in March, used the camper approximately seven times this past season and everytime I took it out, another problem would develop, mainly leaks.

Has been at the Dealer since September waiting for parts to repair the slide trim, reportedly shipped 2x wrong from Heartland to date.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
We couldn't be happier with our Sundance 2900MK. We've only had it since Sept and only on five trips, but the most recent was an 850 mile round trip. We've had no problems. We have a few wishes, but they are mostly cosmetic - wish the chairs were bigger, wish there was more room at the dining table, wish the bed was a kingsize. We've figured out that there's none of these a new Bighorn wouldn't satisfy!:D:eek:

I agree with previous posts....5 is effectively unattainable and would not wantt to have Heartland or anyone for that matter think htere is no room for improvement. That being said, I love my 3670. It has had minor issues, most I could deal with and those I could not or would not were immediately addressed by my dealer. We have owned our 3670 for 10 months and have had it out for 13 weekend or longer trips. We have about 3000 miles on it and start each camping trip by having my wife tell me within 2 hours of set up, "I just love my camper". She sits relaxes and smiles the entire trip. OK not a 5 but I could ot be happier with her.

bill40

I think a poll should be taken a year or more after owning the unit. I voted on how I felt the BC was at delivery. We all need to remember this is a house on wheels and things are going to come loose and break but how does it hold up after 5 or 10 thousand miles of travel and then judge. I would bet a lot of the average votes would go up. Just my 2cents.

SmokeyBare

I did a quick calculation on how many miles we have towed our BigHorn... it comes to 10,000 or more.

We picked ours up Mid October of 2006... have lived in it every day since then. I can say without a question we have had less trouble... been far more comfortable... stayed far warmer in the cold months and plenty cool enough with a single A/C in the summer months... in our BigHorn.

I have had warranty service work performed only once... and that was for only 3 small issues at that. We, like so many others have had a tire failure... which caused some sheet metal damaged... But the dealer (RV 4 Less) was able to bring in the parts needed to repair the RV... which I have taken care of my self... actually it was an easy repair. I was very pleased at the cost of the parts I needed to do the repairs as well.

I'd give our BigHorn a solid 4+... for quality of the build... Appearance I'd give a 5... I couldn't be more pleased with our RV.

Thank You Heartland... Thanks for how you take care of your customers !