New Big Horn

Dave49

This is my first post on the forum and would like to introduce myself and wife. Dave & Linda here from Vermontville MI. We just purchased the 2011 3670 Big Horn and so far it appears to be everything we need. We are just now packing it for fulltime living as I just retired after 42 yrs with the railroad. So we will be lurking here and trying to keep up with all of you and learn this forum, and learn from all of you. Would also like to hear from people who actually do fulltime in these things and learn from them also. Its kind of overwhelming trying to put what you need and dont need in this very limited space. Not to count getting the stick house ready for my daughter to live in.

Thanks
Dave & Linda

jimtoo

Hi Dave and Linda,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

Yes, I'm sure it's a big job, but it will have it's rewards.

Don't just "lurk", jump in and ask your questions, or for advice. We have people from all over that are full timing and have been through what your now doing. They can give you all kinds of ideas and help.

Enjoy the forum and get out and meet your new family at a rally someplace.

Jim M

musicman

Hi Dave and Linda,

Welcome to the Big Horm Community and welcome to the forum. We have a 2011 BH 3185 RL and we just love it. The forum is very helpful with lots of wonderful people. If you have any questions about your BH or just anything in general, just ask. Enjoy your BH and again welcome to the forum. God bless and safe travels!

lhetsler

Welcome to the forum. We have a Bighorn 3670 RL (2008) and love it, so does everyone that we meet at parks all over the place. Looking forward to a trip to Colorado and everything in between Ohio and Colorado in about three weeks. You have purchased a great RV. Enjoy.

We have purchased a 2011 Big Horn 3670RL as well ( on order) and will begin our fulltime travels at the end of July, I can hardly wait, to travel and to meet all the wonderful people on this forum. Happy trails and hope to see you soon!

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Hi Dave and Linda,

We have lived in our 08' Bighorn for three years, and it is still going strong. It's had some issues, but Heartland has been great and took care of any problems.

As for packing, you will find you need much less than you think. We make a point of every six months going thru the unit and getting rid of those things we've not used. Glad we do this, just took up golf and now had to find a place for two sets of clubs...LOL!! Fulltiming you will find you need a good selection hand tools, wrenches, screw drivers, etc. We also carry a 150psi compressor...a must! I keep a service for 4 of Corelle, assort plastic storage bowls with lids, a basic set of pots and pans, a crockpot, small table top "Forman" type grill, coffee pot, toaster and that's about it. Clothes...we have mostly light spring summer wear, shorts, tops, etc. We do have a few heavier clothes, jeans, sweaters, 1 light jacket and a heavy coat, gloves, hat...just in case. Like right now, we're sitting in Rawlins, WY waiting for the snow storm to pass....never again in the spring!!

Basically pack what you NEED...not all those things you want. We took a few things from "home" to make the RV home...basically pictures and small things to hang on the walls. Other than that we don't need much else. It will take a little time, but letting go of things is liberating.

Welcome to the Heartland family, and enjoy fulltiming...

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
We don't full time in ours, but something you might consider for storing some extra heavy clothing are the storage bags that use a vacuum cleaner to pull the air out. We keep our extra blankets and towels in them and they take up a lot less space.

GETnBYE

Congrats and welcome Dave and Linda,
Don't just lurk, jump on in and post. Everyone here are very friendly and happy to answer any questions you have.
Happy trails,
Nita

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Hum - fulltiming - wish that day would hurry up and get here. Anywhooo - congratulations on your new Condo on Wheels. Enjoy and travel safely.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Dave & Linda, Welcome to the Heartland family & Forum. Enjoy your new rig and lifestyle. We're almost to the 4 year mark in our rig. No regrets.

TGLBWH

North Central Region Directors-Retired
Congrats Dave and Linda, Since you are here in Michigan you should plan to come to the Heartland rally in August in Ludington. The DW and I will be attending and it will be our first rally with out new Elk Ridge. //heartlandowners.org/showthread.ph...Rally-MI-Ludington-*-08-26-2010-to-08-29-2010

Leno

Welcome.. We have been fulltiming in our 2010 Big Horn for 8 months now and love it. Like Kathy said, there have been some issues but Heartland is great to work with. We love this life and all the great people we get to meet.
We will be attending our 1st Heartland Rally in Nashville this summer. You will find so much help on this forum. Keep coming back.

artsbighorn

Welcome to the Bighorn bunch. we have been fulltiming since 10/1997.we are on our 3rd rv,a 3670 bighorn.We are loving it.Just watch your weight,keep the tire's inflated to max.sidewall marked pressure.Have safe travel's.

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
Hello from WA State!

Congratulations on your new purchase...wising you many happy and safe camping hours!