Fridge Noise in new BC

srae

Just wondering if it is normal for the refrigerator to make a fairly loud noise when running in our new BC3250TS? Our "ref" in travel trailer didn't make a sound but this is quite noisy. Any ideas on why and if there is a fix?
Thanks,
srae

jbeletti

srae,

This is something you will need to contact your dealer's service department to discuss or Heartland Customer Service (877-262-8032). But I'd say the refer should operate pretty silently for the most part.

Jim

ArlingtonFire

I just called the dealer about my Dometic RM1350 model. The dealer said they have been receiving calls but claim it is fine. The noise is fine outside and a low humm inside..I thought it was the icemaker but I was wrong....donot notice until all is quiet

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
srae, like the other poster have noted, there is a fan on the back of the reefer that runs as needed to cool the fins on the cooling unit. Your fan may be loose from it's mounts. Attached is a picture of the fans on our unit. It's an NDR1062.

Attachments

• 100_0652..JPG
    100_0652..JPG
    760.1 KB · Views: 46
  • 100_0666comp..jpg
    100_0666comp..jpg
    299.1 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:

charlie51

my fridge in my 310qb travel trailer does the same thing. It is the fan. When it cuts on you can hear it inside the trailer. I had it checked out just to be sure, but they said it was fine and working properly. If your trailer has the 2 louvered covers for the fridge on the side of the trailer then it is probably your fan. The trailers that just have the one cover have a vent on top of the trailer for the hot air to escape, but the ones like mine have the fridge in the slide out so there is no vent on top of the trailer for the heat to escape, and there has to be the the 2 louvered covers with a fan in the top one to help pull out the hot air.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
srae, since your reefer is in a slide out, you can go outside and remove the upper vent panel by turning the black lock screws 90 degrees and pulling out on the bottom of the panel. You should be able to see and check for loose fan mounting or what ever may be causing the noise. I don't think the fans should be very loud at all if everything is normal. You may have a bad fan or loose mounts that may cause vibrations. Keep us posted please.

srae

Thank-you for the good advice. We will check this out this Saturday and I'll let you know if it helps. srae

srae

We checked the noisy fridge and it is the fan and everything looks okay so that is good. Again, thanks for your help. srae