First Trip Whew!!!!!!!

docburns

Finally got to make my first trip with my Eagle Ridge. Traveled to south of Fredricksburg for my state SASS Championship shoot. I had trouble on my first setup (at home) with my trailer because when I bought it --it was winterized. Since I could not see the valves real good it took about an hour before I got every thing figured out. Now my first trip- I get to the range, pulled out my generator, plugged in and no electricity. After some checking- my old cord was burned . So I drove 16 miles into town and got a new cord. Working good. Then fired up the water heater. Checked to make sure heater was full of water--No water. We checked all valves everything was set right. No water. Checked holding tank - Full.After about 2 1/2 hours and taking the whole inside of the storage area apart - following all the diagrams several times the pump all of a sudden started pumping water. To this day I still don't know what we did but got water. Seems like water in the kitchen sink was a lot less pressure than in the bath. Then found the bottom of the shower leaks so I will have to reseal that.

The funny thing about the trip was the second night I went to bed, Turned off the generator, raised the windows on each side of the bed. Nice breeze perfect tempature. About 3 in the morning I woke up feeling the wind blowing about 40 mph. Thought to myself "should I put the windows down?" Just as I thought that the wind blew all the covers off the bed so I said yes time to put them down.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Depending on how they winterized it, they may have just blown the lines out with compressed air and no antifreeze. The pump is self-priming, but should not take long to get a prime, even if the line is dry. But, was the pump actually running during your attempts or did it just start after you pulled the basement apart? Could have been a loose connection. Be sure to hand tighten all threaded fittings in there, too. An air leak in the intake line may give you trouble getting the pump to prime quickly.

docburns

Yes pump was running but no water. still don't know what was keeping it from pumping water unless there was some trash in the line.