Air Conditioning potential issue

Hello All,
I have a 2009 BC 3490RB, purchased new in January 2010. The weather is just starting to get warm here and we have started to use the air-conditioning. It has been working fine for the first few weeks, but then the other night, while we were sleeping, I heard the compressor starting to cycle on for about 5-10 seconds then turn off.

The fan has been running consistantly without issues, so when we woke up, my wife turned the unit off on the thermostat, but the compressor continued to run. I turned off the breaker and the compressor turned off. Later that day, I turned the breaker on for the unit and the compressor started to run again with the thermostat switch in off. We used the fantastic fan for the next two days and then when it was really hot on the weekend, she turned the breaker on and the compressor did not come on. She turned the a/c on on the thermostat and it has worked fine since then.

So here is my question...

Do I have something to start to worry about? Are there relays or something else that is getting ready to fail with us getting close to the warm season here in Virginia Beach? The one thing I hate is when I take the unit to the dealer and if it's working, they will not be able to find anything wrong, and I know it will fail when it's 95 degrees outside.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

jbeletti

Hi Scott,

Your question is something the brand manager will not be able to address. Please contact your dealer with that question or our customer service department with it: 877-262-8032.

Jim

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Scott, are you sure that you didn't hear the condensor fan running...not the compressor??

wdk450

Scott:
You might remove the Yellow wire from the back of the thermaostat and see if the AC still runs. This is the AC compressor command wire. By any chance is the fan switch on the thermostat not on "Auto"?
This is all low voltage signals in the thermostat. In fact these AC's require a ground instead of a + voltage signal to activate functions. The voltage at the other end is +12 volts.