< > This close...

dalspot

We're < > this close to taking the plunge, getting the new tow vehicle and the 3300QS.

We've gotten a *really* good price on the 3300, are starting negotiations on the F350 Lariat (yes, you all convinced us to spend the extra and get the 1-ton :eek: ... Geeze Christine, that's a lot of money tho!

And the grown kids ... are starting to mumble something or other about their inheritance ... I tell them we'll make sure and send the occasional post card.

We originally were going to wait until we were a 1-dog less family, but are now thinking "well the dogs would *have* to have a bath before each trip, how are they going to act, where to put the crates, etc. ****atians.. errr Dalmatians.. they shed 366 days a year.. I mean, why have the 5'er and not use it?

I go from "I can't wait" to "what are we doing????" Decided today that maybe we could just say this is our 30th anniversary present to each other!

What to do, what to do ... :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

loafer

Tom and Karen
some words of encouragement ( just do it ) you only get 1 shot at this life, its not a dress rehersal so get the rig and start to travel and enjoy all the wonderful sites and places this great country has to offer. Friends are strangers you have not met yet which is also one of the best things about the RV lifestyle.
Once you have your rig and get out there you will realize you made the right decision.
My .02 cents worth
Best regards
Bill

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
We're < > this close to taking the plunge, getting the new tow vehicle and the 3300QS.

We've gotten a *really* good price on the 3300, are starting negotiations on the F350 Lariat (yes, you all convinced us to spend the extra and get the 1-ton :eek: ... Geeze Christine, that's a lot of money tho!

And the grown kids ... are starting to mumble something or other about their inheritance ... I tell them we'll make sure and send the occasional post card.

We originally were going to wait until we were a 1-dog less family, but are now thinking "well the dogs would *have* to have a bath before each trip, how are they going to act, where to put the crates, etc. ****atians.. errr Dalmatians.. they shed 366 days a year.. I mean, why have the 5'er and not use it?

I go from "I can't wait" to "what are we doing????" Decided today that maybe we could just say this is our 30th anniversary present to each other!

What to do, what to do ... :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Is the F-350 a 2011 year model?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
We kinda went through the same thing. We were going to wait till after retirement and then buy. But then I thought, we know we are gonna get it, why wait. Dive in!
Have not regretted it.

Peace
Dave

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Tom and Karen
some words of encouragement ( just do it ) you only get 1 shot at this life, its not a dress rehersal so get the rig and start to travel and enjoy all the wonderful sites and places this great country has to offer. Friends are strangers you have not met yet which is also one of the best things about the RV lifestyle.
Once you have your rig and get out there you will realize you made the right decision.
My .02 cents worth
Best regards
Bill

Couldn't say it any better.

But as far as spending the big bucks--Have you ever seen a hearse pulling a u-haul full of money?? Spend it!!!

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Tom & Karen, Welcome to the Heartland Forum. Our short story... I was about to turn 59-1/2 back in early 2006. I was tired of working. The only way to stop was to do what we had been planning for since long ago. Sell the house and go full time. The original plans were for a nice Pusher but the economy and available resources would only cover a 5th wheel. We have no regrets. As for the kids inheritance? If there's anything left, it's theirs.:angel:
Jump in with both feet and enjoy life. By the way our dog and cat both shed so we have a Dyson.:)

dalspot

Tom & Karen, Welcome to the Heartland Forum. Our short story... I was about to turn 59-1/2 back in early 2006. I was tired of working. The only way to stop was to do what we had been planning for since long ago. Sell the house and go full time. The original plans were for a nice Pusher but the economy and available resources would only cover a 5th wheel. We have no regrets. As for the kids inheritance? If there's anything left, it's theirs.:angel:
Jump in with both feet and enjoy life. By the way our dog and cat both shed so we have a Dyson.:)

At this point we're not planning on going full time. Part of the uncertainty is knowing we'll have to be in debt with this. We paid the house off two years ago and have zero debt. Tho I said to the hubby as we were getting in bed last night "well, if we do this and don't have enough retirement money, we can just sell the house and live in the RV" ;) We're thinking a home equity loan might be the best solution for both as we'd be able to deduct the interest at least. Original plan was to wait a while on the truck, pay cash and then get the FW.

Y'all are talking us into it :)

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
At this point we're not planning on going full time. Part of the uncertainty is knowing we'll have to be in debt with this. We paid the house off two years ago and have zero debt. Tho I said to the hubby as we were getting in bed last night "well, if we do this and don't have enough retirement money, we can just sell the house and live in the RV" ;) We're thinking a home equity loan might be the best solution for both as we'd be able to deduct the interest at least. Original plan was to wait a while on the truck, pay cash and then get the FW.

Y'all are talking us into it :)

Don't forget the RV is deductible as a 2nd home would be. So why get the home equity loan?

Tentun

Must be a virus. Bought new truck in December and new 5er in April after swearing we are retiring next year so no new debts. Celebrated 28 on March 3rd.

2010 Tundra 5.7 DC
2010 Sundance XLT 297 RE

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Don't forget the RV is deductible as a 2nd home would be. So why get the home equity loan?

Unless your house is paid off already, good luck on getting a home equity or refinance. Like Jim said, the RV qualifies as a second home and the interest is deductible on your Federal taxes.

dalspot

We've gotten a price from a local dealer that is $****** off the list price. Good enough discount, or do we dicker further? I'd try and make it a package deal anyway with a sliding hitch thrown in for less than they quoted me on the hitch price.

They actually beat the price I got from Lakeshore, and to be fair, I added the cost of delivery to that price and the local guys were less.

Since this is our first FW, we really want to buy local.

Last edited by a moderator:

hart1369

We've gotten a price from a local dealer that is $****** off the list price. Good enough discount, or do we dicker further? I'd try and make it a package deal anyway with a sliding hitch thrown in for less than they quoted me on the hitch price.

They actually beat the price I got from Lakeshore, and to be fair, I added the cost of delivery to that price and the local guys were less.

Since this is our first FW, we really want to buy local.
do a very good pdi dont be shy about having things taken care of up front