Trailer Cover

Hi... this is my first post here. I purchased a 2008 North Trail 28RLS a couple years ago and have been meaning to purchase a cover for it but am just now getting around to it. When i see them advertised in Camping World (for instance) the covers for travel trailers seem to have a squared off front end. As you all know, the North Trail is curved up front. Do any of you know if these squared up covers will cinch down fine on our curved rigs?

jimtoo

Hi klamathman,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I can't give you any help on a cover, but I'm sure some of the others will. Hope you have had good experiences with your North Trail so far and glad you found the forum.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the warm welcome. Yes, my wife and I love our North Trail. Ours is designed perfectly for two people that want to be spoiled. We initially started our "first trailer" search by looking at tent trailers. You probably know what happened from there. When all our research was done and all our inspections were complete we happily chose the North Trail. That phrase "buy your second rig first" certainly applied to us.

We haven't used it once this year though and that is frustrating. Busy lifestyle and an unexpected operation has slowed us down but we do see some light at the end of the tunnel in the weeks to come. We live in sunny CA and I hate watching it get baked in the summer... i am going to get a cover soon but want to make sure what i get works... i don't have the budget for a custom made cover and the idea of putting a blue tarp on it doesn't work for me either.

Take Care,
Jeff (Klamathman - I used to own a Klamath fishing boat)

bar20

The covers I have looked at have a tie down on the front. Unless you get a custom made one for a specifc make and model, they fit a different size range and you should have no trouble fitting the cover to a North Trail. Just make sure you get the correct sizerange for your trailer.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
We have used a cover that we purchased from Caming World for 2 winters and love it. It does sinch down in the front. We added extra tie downs underneath to keep the wind from flapping the bottom.
attachment.php

attachment.php