Found a Place for Another Towel Bar

SilverRhino

My DW never seems to have enough places to hang towels in the bath, so, for $5.65 and 15 minutes of my time, I gave her a new towel bar.

Saw this kit at one of the Home stores....cut a couple of inches off....4 screws and done. The finish is even a close match.

Travel Safe!

Attachments

• P1010234..jpg
    P1010234..jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 209
  • P1010235..jpg
    P1010235..jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 208
  • P1010243..jpg
    P1010243..jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 218

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Love it :) Tried to get DH to do that for the last 3 years and been loosing the battle. With your pics maybe the battle can be won. Thanks

Dave012

SilverRhino,

I looked at doing the towel bar under the shelf, but the shelf bottom was so flimsy I thought it wouldn't hold a heavy towel. Was the bottom quite sturdy in your unit, or did you replace it?

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
We put ours there too. Used a metal one with the bronze finish. Has held up well for 2+ years so far.

SilverRhino

SilverRhino,

I looked at doing the towel bar under the shelf, but the shelf bottom was so flimsy I thought it wouldn't hold a heavy towel. Was the bottom quite sturdy in your unit, or did you replace it?

On my shelf there was a frame structure that is snadwhiched between two thin pieces of plywood. Mine mounted close enough to the edges that by carefully putting in course thread screws, I think it will work. If it proves to be a problem....I will use a long machine screw that will screw into a tee nut mounted on a piece of 1/4" hardwood that will be mounted on the top of shelf. This will then provide a secure mounting surface. The hardwood piece on the top would only need to be about an 1" wide.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
To avoid having wood screws pull out of the thin plywood, use machine screws with nuts and washers long enough to pass through both panels. The washers should be on the top of the upper sheet of plywood to spread the load. I hang a heavy bath towel on ours with no problem.

laffman

I love this mod. Picked up the towel bar last night HD and going to install it over the weekend.