Popup to Grand Canyon

Sailor

Hi All,

I want to introduce myself and my wife Norma to the form. We just took delivery of our 2011 Grand Canyon with almost avery option, and some other custom mods that we wanted. I want to say thank you to all of the form members that have posted, as that was a big help in decsion to buy a GC. We took the time to go to the factory, and Tim Kauffman who spent a lot with us on the tour, and the mods that we wanted. Also Brad Cyman who also so works for Heartland to add a option that I wanted but had forgot to have put on ther order. We got the GC From Bill Thomas Camper Sales in St Louis, they ware the closest LandMark dealer to us in Kansas City. We spent 2 Days at dealers lot where they have 5 full hook ups, doing the PDI. I can not say enough good things about all of the people there. Tom McAleer our sales rep was a plasure to work with no BS when dealing on the Price he treated us right. Dale ? sorry did get his last name, but he did the PDI walk through. He made sure that any thing we found that need to be fix got done. I want to Really also say THANK YOU to Glen Thomas who is the owner now as his father has retired. Glen went above and beon, personaly doing a test drive with us, and spending several hours with me on that auto leveling system. We love the GC and will be retireing in 18 months to spend 50% of our time in the 5er, and the other 50% on our 34' Cataline sail boat. We have found that RVing and Sailing have many thing incommon. The best of which you get to meet so many great people, and see great places.

Again Thanks to all!

Mark and Norma

PS: Sory for such a long POST!:cool:

jimtoo

Hi Mark and Norma,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

Sounds like you had a great PDI with a great dealer. I hope you enjoy your new toy as much as we love ours. Being a sailor and having your own boat then you are probably prepared for being an RV'er. Ready for anything.

You will meet some of the best people in the world here and at the rallies. Check the Portal Page for a rally in your area or where you might be traveling and also think about the Heartland Owners Club.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

PS:: Sailboat in Kansas??? I didn't know they had water up there..much less a lake big enough for a 34' sailor,,,.:D

Sailor

Jim,

Thank you for the welcome. We sail on Lake Stockton MO. Was ranked as one of top 10 sailing lakes in the US out side of the Great Lakes!

Mark

K

karykatz

Mark and Norma,

Welcome to the Heartland Family. We are very excited you had such a great experience. Have fun RVing and Sailing!!