Votes: 5 3.4%

Votes: 7 4.8%

Votes: 12 8.2%

Votes: 81 55.1%
  • 5 - highest level

Votes: 42 28.6%

• Total voters

jbeletti

Rate the perceived value of your Heartland trailer. Rating of 1 indicates a low value and a rating of 5 indicates a high level of value.

Forum member and prospective Heartland owner GaryB suggested a poll to rate satisfaction in several areas to be used as a gauge for prospective owners.

As best that can be done within this forum's poll software, below are separate polls to gather and track this information. I ask that only current and former Heartland product owners take these 5 satisfaction polls. Member names will remain private for these 6 polls.

You will only be allowed to vote once and you will not be allowed to change your vote later. So please respond carefully to this one-time opportunity to vote in this poll.

Jim

Last edited:

jpmorgan37

We shopped for a year before deciding on the Grand Canyon. There are a lot of amenities in the Landmark that are not in the price competitive competition units. If Heartland ever gets their quality control together so that the buyers are not having to go through their units putting them together, they will have a unbeatable unit. Ford, GM and Chrysler learned the hard way about quality. I hope it doesn't happen to Heartland for their sake and ours.
John

irvin56

best I think

We have seen alot when looking for a Quab bunk house. Went to RV shows, many dealers in Calgary, Carstairs, High river.

And we keep refering back to North Trail. The one we bought without any bargaining on the price they wanted. As all the prices for that size of unit and less quality, was all about same or higher $$

THEY WAS NOTHING good to compare it to for Looks, Weight, Quality, and dealer was good to work with when warranty work had to be done.
Ended up with NT from Racetrack rv in Airdrie.

I Will buy another Heartland when I get rid or this one, But not for MANY yrs.

Also the info on the forum, gave us the last push to jump in feet first.
Don't regret the purchase at all

Irvin

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Glad you used the term "level of value" instead of the word quality which is often very vague.

I gave my trailer a 4. For the money I feel I got alot in return in terms of construction, amenities and finish and fit.

We also shopped for quite awhile and were set on buying SOB. It was just by chance that we came accross a Heartland. Glad we did. While the other product is also known for value and good workmanship, I feel the Heartland edged it out.

Are there a few things I wish Heartland did or would do different??? Yes, but then can be said for ANYTHING no matter what the cost is.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Since purchasing our Bighorn one year ago, we have been nothing but pleased with the trailer. We had a minor water leak and that is the only problem we have had. The Owners Club, Owners Forum, rallies and friends we have made since our Heartland purchase have placed a much higher personal value on our trailer than can be expressed in a few short sentences. When you say welcome to the family, you really mean it!

PSF513

We bought ours BC this summer after looking for over a year. Having come up through the "ranks", our pop-up was very good and TT was good to begin with but faded fast. This unit, like everything else, has things we wish were different or better. However, we would give it a 4+ and say we are very glad we found Heartland before we took the plunge.

thomasinnv

i had a hard time deciding between 3 or 4 but settled on a 4. as far as bang for the buck i feel heartland has it hands down. QC is where the problem is. I have had my unit about 6 months now and have had several warranty items need taken care of. the dealers have all fallen short, but heartland has been on the ball every time. Their customer service is A++, but they really need to get a handle on the QC. The quality of the product is very good, but attention to detail when put together is lacking. Such things as molding falling off the wall, panelling coming loose from the wall, slides improperly adjusted, awning coming off the trailer etc.

Would i buy another Heartland product? In a heartbeat! Heartland cares about their customers and i would rather have a few QC issues that i am confident will be taken care of expediently than SOB that won't stand behind their product once they have your hard earned dollars in hand.

loafer

After searching long and hard we bought a sundance 24.5 rl 5th wheel which we love just 2 of us .We have had some small issues which I fixed myself . We feel that value for dollar spent Heartland has what it takes to be in the Rv building bussiness, There are lots of other large rv builders out there but we liked the floor plans and options that Heartland put into their units .Quality is not always gauranteed with a large price tag, We do however feel that some things should have been done before the unit lefy the factory as others have said in this post. Loose mouldings nails coming thru carpet that had to be banged down mouling on window that leaked . Small but pesky quality issues. Yes we too would buy another Heartland product
MY .02 cents
Bill

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
After two full years of experience, I'd certainly buy another HL. Issues the first year: water leak, small plumbing leak, DVD player went out, ball bearings fell out of the pantry slide, noisy fan, table top warped and I broke a closet door latch. All graciously fixed by HL and fixed correctly the first time by my dealer. None really had anything to do with the quality of product produced by HL, but were third party issues and just usage issues. My second year? NOTHING. Not one single thing went wrong, broke or wore out. Starting our 3rd year? Just replaced leaky valve on the toilet flush pedal. Took all of 5 minutes.
I love my Heartland. :)