Gray's Point Topping, Va

bytor

Hello All,
Just wondering if anyone has any input on Gray's Point Camp in Topping Va.
We have never been there so looking for some pros/cons.......likes/dislikes.
Thanks in advance.

Andy

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Haven't camped there, but have been through it. It has some very nice sites, mostly open with very few trees in the transient site area. Grey's Point is primarily a seasonal resort, with a few hundred Park Models on semi-permanent sites. It's a sister resort to Beth-Page RV Resort (they're about 20 miles apart). I prefer Beth-Page as a camping destination. While it also has a few hundred season sites, it has a very large transient site area and has tons of things to do on-site, including a very nice swimming hole with beach. Not a lot to do in the area - Urbanna is the closest town and it's small, but has a supermarket and gas stations. Recommend you try Beth-Page first. It's also where the Virginia Good Sam Club holds it's Spring Samboree.

bytor

I was going back and forth between the two. I think we will give Beth-Page a try.
Thanks for the info.
Andy

kinports

Hi there,

both parks are very nice. we camp at both about 4 times each a year. we like greys point a little more than beth page. most of the reason being its not as big there for not being as packed. if you like sitting in golf cart traffic then go to beth page on a holiday weekend. great place to camp on an off weekend or during the week. sites are large at both places and are pull through.