Owners Club Plaque

Dale and Jen

Funtimers
We have our Heartland Owners Club plaque attached to the ladder on the back of our Bighorn. Unfortunately, Dale hit it with his foot while climbing down from the ladder on our trip to Indiana. How can we get new brackets for our sign? The sign is ok, but we need to replace the brackets. :eek:

davebennington

I did the same thing with my foot. If you broke the plastic pins you can make it better. Go to Lowe's or Home Depot and get 2 carriage bolts drill a hole in the top of the bracket where the pins were and then you can mount the plaque on the inside of the ladder. When I get back home I will submit a picture.

Dave

caissiel

I installed my new plaque on the ladder of my trailer when I got it and travelled 30 miles and parked for the winter. One day I found the plaque on the ground. The 2 push on studs had broken and the other 2 just unsnaped and allowed the plaque to fall out of the holders in the florida wind.

I purchased 4 licence plate S.S screws and nylon locknuts at the Home Depo and assembled it with the screws. The screws look shinny on the black but it will stay there for good.

Owners club plaque

We just received our owners club plaque and proudly affixed it to our ladder last week right before our trip. When we at our destination, the plaque was gone - now residing between Palmdale, CA and the Kern River.

We are very disappointed and would like to have it replaced with one that will not come off.

Mike and Nancy
Member #1701 (we think....)

RoadJunkie

Re: Owners club plaque

So that's what I have stuck in my now-fractured windshield! Just curious, did the ladder mount fail or maybe the screws/bolts worked loose? Bummer, but I'm sure Heartland will fix you whole again. I'm going to have to join the club...one of these days.

jbeletti

Mike and Nancy,

Sorry to hear you lost your plaque. Please contact our supplier, Chuck McCubbin at Plak-R at 866-427-5257 to discuss the process of obtaining a replacement.

Jim

caissiel

My Plaque almost came of after traveling 30 miles.
The plastic fastener broke on one side.
I replaced the plastic fasteners with 4 1/4" x 3/4" stainless steel fasteners and locknuts,
Similar to licence plate fasteners bought at Lowes or Home Depot.

It should be noted and advised that the fastners do not do it on tha ladder mount and all members should be advised.

If I have a chance will post a pic tomorrow on this thread.

jbeletti

See notice here on how to determine if you have a frame that is vulnerable to failure and how to fix it.

Thanks,

Jim

My husband spoke with the gentleman at Plak-R. They will replace the plaque if we pay $13 for them to ship us a new one. As there is a design flaw in the plaque holder, we feel the company should pay the shipping. Suggestions?

Mike and Nancy

jbeletti

My husband spoke with the gentleman at Plak-R. They will replace the plaque if we pay $13 for them to ship us a new one. As there is a design flaw in the plaque holder, we feel the company should pay the shipping. Suggestions?

Mike and Nancy

Hi Mike and Nancy,

I don't disagree with you, but Chuck says it's the best he can do. He's eating the cost of the replacement product (plaque and frame if needed). Not a lot of options (get a replacement or don't get one) so I don't have any suggestions.

Jim

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member

Jim, have you considered an exterior decal to apply to the back of the rigs, rather than the plaque? Since most of these type of vehicle decals (look at any fire truck) are computer graphic generated, adding the individual member numbers on each order should be easy, once the decal is created in the computer.

jbeletti

Great idea John. I am working on a static cling type decal to be used for rig check-in for the Gillette, WY rally in 2012. Later this winter, I will begin looking at die-cut vinyl printed club oval decals. Maybe not to be in place of the plaques but in addition to. We shall see - thanks for the idea.

Jim

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter

JB, I think I know where you got the idea. I think it's a good idea, maybe even a magnet type for the tailgate of the TV.

jbeletti

JB, I think I know where you got the idea. I think it's a good idea, maybe even a magnet type for the tailgate of the TV.

Was it you Bob? :) Actually, I've been hearing it for a couple years now. It's only now seeming more and more important.

Doing one-off (individually serialized based on a customer supplied number) decals/magnets sounds expensive to me but I will check into it.

For all y'all - feel free to do some independent shopping research on this sort of thing and share your results with me. Divide and conquer! Bear in mind that the vinyl should be printed in a UV stabilized manner (or coating). To keep costs down, I am thinking printing black on white vinyl.

Jim

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member

Jim, I do know a young woman that has her own company that makes these vinyl decals. She's done most of our FD vehicles and even some USAF FD badge decals for me. They are definitely exterior grade products. If you like, I can contact her and inquire about making a decal patterned after my plaque.

jbeletti

Sure John - go for it. For pricing, indicate that decals would be ordered in batches of say 100 and the start and end number would be specified with the order. Get details on the vinyl (thickness and color), the ink (color, colorfastness, UV properties), the coating, if any and also the adhesive. In particular, the hot-flow temperature rating of the adhesive. It's important to note these will be stuck onto glass or fiberglass and must hold up to a wide range of outdoor temperatures, including sustained periods of direct sun light.

Thank you John!

Dave G (truknutt) - I think you have a supplier too - feel free to check in with them if you want to :)

Jim