Exterior Sticker removal

Guys,

Have you tried removing stickers for replacement or otherwise that came from the factory (non-dealer decals)? I was thinking a heat gun but didnt know what it would do to the finish of the camper.

jimtoo

Hi TT Trailer Guy,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

You can use a heat gun to remove the stickers and decals. But use it with caution, if you can touch and basically keep your hand and fingers on the sticker or decal and gently pull to remove it you should be OK. At least I removed decals from my truck and stickers from my Big Horn that way with no problem. Actually a good hair dryer would probably put out enough heat,,, but you know.. Tim the Tool Man.... would never use a female hair dryer for a manly job like this. :D

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Yes a heat gun will do it. As to the hair drier.....that advise comes from someone that walks around looking like a bottle of Tabasco.:p

porthole

Retired
Many of the decals will pull right off, just use a finger nail to slowly start lifting a corner.
Any that leave a stick residue will clean right up with "Goo Gone"

These are some of the decals I removed. I took off just about everything, inside and out, except the the words "Cyclone" and "Heartland". Also left one "Exit" decal.

Attachments

• D30_6046.JPG
    D30_6046.JPG
    555.6 KB · Views: 121

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Fortunately, my dealer removed all of the non-essential stickers before we picked it up. The Trail-air Equaflex applique managed to fall off on it's own, however, while we were parked last season.

Hi TT Trailer Guy,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

You can use a heat gun to remove the stickers and decals. But use it with caution, if you can touch and basically keep your hand and fingers on the sticker or decal and gently pull to remove it you should be OK. At least I removed decals from my truck and stickers from my Big Horn that way with no problem. Actually a good hair dryer would probably put out enough heat,,, but you know.. Tim the Tool Man.... would never use a female hair dryer for a manly job like this. :D

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

HAHA. Yea I dont want to be seen wielding anything produced for the manicuring of hair. Thanks for the help!!

DougS

Doug S
I have used a sticker remover product which I bought at either Auto Zone or Advanced on my Corvette for stick on letters that the prior owner had put on and it worked great, no damage to the paint. It also worked on the RV I have now. A little wax after removal, and you would never know it had been there. I gave the can away so I don't have the exact name. I would be very careful with heat.

Doug (want'a be, soon to be)

Boca_Shuffles

Many of the decals will pull right off, just use a finger nail to slowly start lifting a corner.
Any that leave a stick residue will clean right up with "Goo Gone"

These are some of the decals I removed. I took off just about everything, inside and out, except the the words "Cyclone" and "Heartland". Also left one "Exit" decal.

I think you will want to put that RVIA sticker back on. Hope you didn't throw it in the trash!

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Yes the RVIA decal certifies the unit was made to RVIA standards. Without this decal it can actually DECREASE the value of the RV during trade-in or resale.

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
After we got home from Camp Hatteras a couple weeks ago, I washed the bugs off the front cap of our Landmark.The Landmark sticker is starting to peel and not look very good.Guess I will need to call Heartland and see if I can purchase a new one.I wonder what the chances are of finding the Landmark sticker for my 2005?

porthole

Retired
I think you will want to put that RVIA sticker back on. Hope you didn't throw it in the trash!

Nope - sticker not going back on. Not thrown out either, every sticker removed was placed on a piece of paper in in the "trailer binder".
What benefit would it serve if it was on?
Would anyone really even notice it was missing had I not mentioned it? No one has yet.

Yes the RVIA decal certifies the unit was made to RVIA standards. Without this decal it can actually DECREASE the value of the RV during trade-in or resale.

I still have the sticker, and I have my invoice for $79 for the RIVA Marketing Campaign".

Should I decide to sell privately I doubt it will be noticed and if it was an issue for a trade I can always glue it back on.

I have my doubts about any used trailer salesperson noticing it anyway.