Votes: 11 6.9%

Votes: 8 5.0%

Votes: 27 17.0%

Votes: 63 39.6%
  • 5 - highest level

Votes: 50 31.4%

• Total voters

jbeletti

Rate your overall happiness/general satisfaction with your Heartland trailer. A rating of 1 indicates general dis-satisfaction and a rating of 5 indicates a very high level of satisfaction.

Forum member and prospective Heartland owner GaryB suggested a poll to rate satisfaction in several areas to be used as a gauge for prospective owners.

As best that can be done within this forum's poll software, below are separate polls to gather and track this information. I ask that only current and former Heartland product owners take these 5 satisfaction polls. Member names will remain private for these 6 polls.

You will only be allowed to vote once and you will not be allowed to change your vote later. So please respond carefully to this one-time opportunity to vote in this poll.

Jim

Last edited:

BigBlue

BigBlue
I'd rate this as a 3 just because I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop. I don't have confidence in the trailer.

jpmorgan37

This was not an easy question to answer. We love the layout of the Grand Canyon. The space and floor plan are perfect for us. The overall appearance, both inside and out, is great and has gotten many favorable comments from others. The fixtures and appliances suit us to a tee. So, why was it not easy to answer? The little things that were overlooked at assembly, fit and finish, screws and nails missing their mark and the extra holes left unfilled, wiring not connected, leaking water lines, seals not installed properly to name a few. Okay, most of these items are easily corrected but when you are spending $60,000 or more, you shouldn't have to deal with them. We love our home and have no regrets about the purchase. Our dealer was fantastic (Butch and Karen @ RV'S for Less) and Heartland has been excellent as far as warranty consideration when needed. So, that was what made this difficult for me to answer. From a manufacturing standpoint, these things should be relatively easy to overcome, either with training or employee empowerment or both. I don't want anyone to take my comments as a negative on purchasing a Heartland product. In my opinion, it is probably the best value for dollar invested available and Heartland does support their dealers and customers.

John

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
We purchased our 2005 Landmark, Mt Rushmore in Nov of 2004. This is our first 5th wheel. Have camped in a tt for about 20 years. We love our Landmark. We have never had so much room and comfort while camping. We looked at everything, and looked hard , for a long time, before we bought. And we found NONE that we liked any better.Would we buy Landmark again,YES. True we have had some problems. Most small.Now, I know I have been pretty upset at times with all the minor problems. And I will agree for what we pay for our units,there should not be any problems but there are and we accept it , have the problems fixed,and once again we are HAPPY CAMPERS.We always have the Best looking unit no matter what campground we are in. So far I have never seen another Landmark inany campground. I appreciate the fact that Scott is aware of our problems and answers our questions as he does. I have been satisified with my dealer,Bill Plemmons RV, and the service I receive there.

J

Jim_1899

Poll & other questions

It would be interesting to see if the current owners of Heartland RV's would be a repeat buyer when they sell and buy a new one. Also, I would like to hear how long should you keep your 5th wheeler before you sell and purchase a new one? How is the resale on the Heartland RV's?

I still have my popup that I bought in 1993, but just kept my Travel Trailer from 2002 to 2006.

trdeal

although I have had some minor problems, YES, we would buy another Heartland product.

Cheryl

While I still love our Golden Gate, it's mostly because of the "cosmetic" aspects. Nelson, however, is getting to the point where he is thinking about getting rid of it, especially since Randy (from the factory) seems to be giving him the "run around". Hopefully, Randy will "come through" with some solutions. We had planned on keeping this one for about 5 more years until my dad completely retires. He wants to buy it then and park it in Florida, so we would get another one - had planned on it being another Landmark, now we'll see.

ct0218

Like John and Terry said, we have had some issues also. Some problems should have been caught by the factory and by the dealer. We would buy another as we think it is a good value, and we're hoping the factory will get a handle on QC soon.

bobadri

Customer poll

We have a 2007 Landmark Grand Canyon purchased in May 2006. We have had it five months and travel full time. We had a smaller 2004 rig and wanted more space. We looked for almost a year for a new rig, comparing sleeping space, storage space, construction, insulation, weight, towing, etc. The biggest issue was storage particularly in the bedroom area. The Landmark had what we were looking for. We purchased from Butch in Knoxville and spent Memorial weekend in Knoxville. That was the beginning of the nightmare. There were so many things wrong, both major and minor. We had to reroute our plans and took the unit to Indiana for repair and had to double back to Indiana a second time for what was missed the first time. Most of the people we encountered in Indiana were courteous and helpful, some were not
I was not impressed with the conditions there. Doesn't seem to be much in the way of quality control going on. We have found it very difficult to enjoy our rig because of all the problems in the beginning and are also waiting for the other shoe to drop. I don't find the unit comfortable, the kitchen chairs are too heavy, awkward to move when vacuuming and the leather chairs are too big for the unit. We left one at home this trip. They are also very heavy to move when cleaning. I relied on the web site for a lot of info and found some of it was misrepresented. I am sorry we purchased this unit and would not buy another one.
Bob and Adrienne Manning
Full Timers

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
Yes I really like our 3055rl. There have been many things that needed to be fixed. Mostly cosmetic though. Most people coming through our 5th did not notice these things that I did.
We have a couple of bigger issues that hopefully are being taken care of. I will know tommorrow when I phone the dealer.
Yes I would buy another 3055rl as we really like the layout.
There are things I would like to change, but most of us have our own ideas of what we want next time.

seamo

Bob and Christina Seaman
Overall Satisfaction w/Heartland Fiver

I rated my Heartland a four but mostly because I didn't realize when I bought it how important dual pane windows are. Also, we didn't get a refrigerator w/an ice-maker. At the time we didn't realize that we were going to love the rv life and go full-time upon retirement in May 2007. Therefore, we will probably upgrade to a 07/08 Landmark next summer. We thank the Landmark is the best bang for the buck.
None
seamo

jpmorgan37

Bob,
Congratulations on your decision to go full time. We also didn't get the ice maker in the refridge and am very happy with that decision. One or two ice cube trays don't take up near as much room as that ice maker and we definately use the freezer space. As far as the dual pane windows go, they are a must have for us.
John

BluegrassMan

Hi bobadri:
I picked up my Grand Canyon March of 06'. There were few things wrong with it, little stuff that ALL trailers have at first. I feel that value VS. dollars the Landmark is a good deal. Sure you can go with a Teton for much more $$$$$ or a Mobile Suites for a few more $$$$. Who really wants to pay much more for a little bit more. I have no complaints, I'm sorry that your unit wasn't up to the quality that we ALL expect. Ask my wife "I'm REAL picky" about quality.

trdeal

I have a friend who just bought a new,high end , 5th wheel. Can't remember the name, and he is having some of the same troubles that we are. Sewer cables coming loose, Tires leaking down,etc. So new 5th wheels are just like new cars. There are going to be problems.

jpmorgan37

Mobile Suites customers have problems too

I talked to a fellow camper several weeks ago who, after some negtiating by his attorney and over $5000 got his first Mobile Suites replaced by the company. He said that he had so many problems that they couldn't resolve to his satisfaction, the unit was not usable. He also said that he didn't get any support from the factory, that's why he finally got an attorney. Fortunately, we do have good support from Heartland through Scott.

Love our Landmark but not the problems

Bought our 2007 Landmark Grand Canyon in November 2007 & went full time in it December 1, 2007 in Freeport, TX. Love the floor plan & it feels like home to us. I agree that QC &/or the dealer ship should have caught the problems we have had with our unit. Cosmetic problems can be overlooked but larger ones should have been caught. Or atleast when you call the dealer you bought it from they don't treat you like you are just too stupid to use it.

Here is our list of problems:

Hydraulic problem with slides & front jacks- Can’t get room slides to come in without front jacks going down all the way

Lost one leg of electric to 5th wheel (breaker did not trip at electric box or out on pole)

Check heat pump & ac in Kitchen area (does not heat or cool)

Toilet does not hold water

LP tanks will not change from front one to back one even manually (have to bring the back one around to the front to use it)

Water leak in ice maker

Speakers for surround sound don’t work with TV

Screws came out of basement door on back side of 5th wheel

Wood trim around bed foundation keeps coming off each time bed is raised

TV antenna & Cable hookup never would work, (had to run it through kitchen window for 2 months) went with satellite, bedroom TV is very snowy (new cables had to be ran for all of it)

Screw sheared off large living room window & screw pulled out of blind at the bottom right.

No screw in valance side on window over couch

Plastic on screen door is too far up & there is a hole that lets bugs in

Cabinet doors need to be adjusted (under kitchen sink)

Shower door drags

Stripe coming off the front

We had been making a list of items that needed to be repaired since we bought it, but when we lost the leg of electricity we had to take it in for repair. We took it to the dealership where we bought it on Feb 15th, they said we should have it back by Feb. 19th. We told them speed was not the issue, just wanted everything in good working order. When we said that we didn't know it was going to take this long. It is now Feb 28th & we still don't have it back. A new ac/heat pump had to ordered. It was supposed to shipped out of Elkhart, Indiana today. Hopefully we will have it back early next week. Staying in a motel for 2 to 3 weeks has not been fun & gets expensive. :(

caddojay

Tired and Retired member
Like JP, I have had more than what I would think are small issues. We have had wonderful response from our dealer (Explore USA), and great service from the factory to address our issues that couldn't be corrected by me. Our biggest issue is the bedroom slide has now had to go back for the 3rd time to be corrected. It still has a leak. The factory authorized a complete re-fit of the slide seals, but when the slide went out, the seals were completely torn at the right corner and the bottom of the right corner. I give the company and their attention a 4+, however, I shouldn't find trash in the floor vents, pieces of cut wire and wood chips behind the sleeper sofa, toilet not straight in bathroom, etc. Some of these are issues that a normal walk-through wouldn't see. After coming from a higher-end unit, which also had it's troubles, I guess I expected more. We love the layout and we'll get through this issue, as well. We'll sell this unit in 5-6 years and get another. That's our pattern.

vangoes

I agree completely with what JP said earlier. We have enjoyed our unit and our dealer (RV's for Less) has been great; however, its whats beneath the surface that concerns me. Now that our unit is a little over a year old quality issues keep surfacing. For instance, last week I noticed that our couch seemed to be sagging in the left rear corner. Upon review I discovered that the left rear couch leg was missing.......not broken, but completely missing and it had never been there. The couch had been resting on a electrical junction box. A few days later, we noticed that the kitchen floor seemed to be flexing somewhat. Another BH unit in the park had the same problem and was much more noticable. Granted, any issues we had during the warranty period was taken care of by RV's for less/Heartland without hessitation, I worry about the next issue to surface. Not being fulltimers, many quality issues will not surface the first year while under warranty. Various other quality issues seem to continually surface that makes me fear that the future could bring even bigger issues. This is not sour grapes.....I believe Heartland is a great company and I believe that with improved quality control, their product could also be among the best.

jbeletti

vangoes,

Please contact your dealer or Heartland Customer Service to get that missing leg for your sofa. As for the floor, that should get looked at by a dealer or service center. They can advise Heartland as to the issue and fix.

Jim