Recliner How To Tie Down

pam007

Hello,
What is the best way to secure the recliners so they don't move much when traveling?
We have the BH 3055
Thank you
Mike & Pam

Chainsaw

Saskatchewan Chapter Leader
Hi

We have a landmark and the tie downs came with the trailer. 2 floor anchors and a lite strap

Two Hands

We have never tied down our recliners and have never had any problem from not doing so. We place them back to back and put the end table in the space between the backs. The thick sock that stays on the reclining lever against the wall keeps the back wall from getting damaged. I think the sock idea came from Jim Belletti and it works great.

cjbearden

Visitor
If you are using the tie down straps, place a thick fold towel under the straps over the tops of the chairs to prevent excess wear. Also, watch carefully about putting the table between the chairs that the table doesn't rub holes in the backs of the recliners. Table must be sat upright but there is still a chance of excess rubbing against back of chairs. A towel or throw rug wrapped over top of table and down each side might prevent wear to chairs. Check for wear signs after each trip.

goodtruck

We put ours back to back my wife sewed a towel in half then made a tube with it that the strapes go thru to cover the top of the chairs. We also put a heavy towel between the backs of the chairs.Ilike the sock idea and will be useing it from now on.

ChopperBill

Guess we got lucky. Don't tie down anything. Even removed the screws holding down the dinette table. When we got this new one every thing was tied down on transportation from the factory and we had few bruises from things shifting around, never got bruises from not tying things down. Go figure.

lwmcguir

Same as the other post, never tie anything down. Just check to be sure it is in the right place before activating the appropriate slide. If you have a lot of stuff moving around, you better upgrade the suspension on the TV and the coach.

Gary521

I have seen a couple of examples of things that have moved in the path of the slides, unnoticed by people before they opened them. and have reaked havok on the slide or the item in the path. Even if you feel that it "ain't necessary", its best to secure everything. For the recliners, I use the provided tie downs with a strap over the top ( protect the covers ) and a second strap to encircle the back-to-back recliners ( I use the sock technique on the recliner lever trick ). I have followed 5th wheels with the rear recliners exposed by the uncoverd rear window. There is a heck of a lot of movement back there. I have heard stories of folks who have a rear kitchens and how much movement there is with the plates, etc. I have a 3055 RL and have seen another 3055 in a park where the owner did not secure the kitchen cabinet door next to the the entertainment slide ( almost impossible to see with the slides in ). It ripped the door completely off the cabinet. Heck, my couch moves many times during travel and it is a lot heavier than a recliner.