Have 2008 F-450 thinking of buying a new truck...any help???

I currently own a 2008 Ford F-450 and am thinking of either buying a 2011 F-350 or Dodge Ram 3500 both would be a dually.

Gas mileage sucks on my truck now with the 5 speed trans and the 4.30 gears. Anyone own either 2011 F-350 or 2010 Dodge 3500?

Any pros, cons, and options would help...thanks

jimtoo

Hi Chris, BigBubbs25,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I'm sure you will get lots of opinions here about trucks, so be prepared. We have fun, make friends, and try to pass good, accurate information here.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
I currently own a 2008 Ford F-450 and am thinking of either buying a 2011 F-350 or Dodge Ram 3500 both would be a dually.

Gas mileage sucks on my truck now with the 5 speed trans and the 4.30 gears. Anyone own either 2011 F-350 or 2010 Dodge 3500?

Any pros, cons, and options would help...thanks

So you have a Gas 450 V-10? if so a custom tune will increase your towing milage 10-15% (it did for me). Also it will allow your transmission to use all 5 gears instead of 4 or 5. Call Mike @ http://5startuning.com/ and tell him what you want in your tunes.
Looks like the new Ford diesel gets about 10% better mpgs along with more power.

caissiel

There is a writeup on the new 2011 Ford Diesel in the Diesel World Magazine. They took a new 2011 truck and entered it in a fuel compitition and came 2nd. Their fuel millage was 26MPG. The new Ford engine is going to be a Smash among the diesels. It has been all engineered in Erope and hopefully will finally bring the technology on this side of the pond.

I would wait a while and wait till the dust sets in on these new trucks. I saw a lot of them at the dealers they will be seen on the road soon.
There will be lots of 2007-2010 used units in the used truck lots. Might get better money for your truck now that there are less used inventory though.

Just my observation so far, don't neccessarely follow my advice unless more info available.