No vacuum in my vacuum

ricatic

I went to use the Yellowjacket central vac today for the first time. It has virtually no suction. Any suggestions?

Ricatic

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Check to make sure the canister where the bag goes only has the bag in it. There were some accessories in mine.

ricatic

Thanks JM, that was the first place I looked. I have found the problem. It is one of those quality control issues we all hear about. There is no way the unit was tested at the factory and I did not test the suction at the PDI. The motor ran and the floor sweep picked up a little dirt for a demo so we were good to go. NOT. The connection at the step was not even close. The wall adapter was a good quarter inch from the suction plate behind the steps. The person responsible at the factory had to know it did not line up let alone penetrate the wall plate. I tore it all apart and I am putting it back together after dinner. I have heard you do not want to see what is assembled behind the front storage bulkhead. I now know why, what a mess. I will address those issues over the next few weeks as I am batching it in Nebraska.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
We had a similar problem. The vacuum line under the stairs was not in the adaptor completely. It would bearly pickup any dirt or what ever.. At Goshen one of the guys fixed it. It worked very well. Only one problem, it was now difficult to open the flap on the adaptor. DW was trying to open it while I was gone. Well her temper got the best of her and she grabbed it and pulled it open. Completely off the side of the step. The plastic around where the top screw goes is completely pulled out.

Now it is my job to fix it. Ok. F I X I T !! I have to take the entire step out. Find all the screws. Maybe next year.... LOL

BC

ricatic

I modified the oem adapter plate so it will fit through the opening that is hole sawed through the riser on the stairs. I had to do some custom grinding on the remaining components to get it all to fit but it works as designed now. This is the kind of QC stuff where Heartland needs to do a better job. I am also quite appalled at the wiring and plumbing rats nest behind the bulkhead. Good thing I will have some time this month to fix it all. Still a happy Heartland owner though. I would also like to give my dealer, Gillette Rv, in Lansing, Mi. a big thumbs up. David is their service manager and a stand up guy. Highly recommended for both service and price.

Regards

Bob Vaughn

We picked up our 3250ts yesterday and I tried to use the vacuum today and it does not come on when you put the hose in the receptical....I opened the canister and found a bag and some spare bags so I installed the bag, It still does not come on....I suspect it is not plugged in....No emf = No suction.....

kkamshop

That's probably what's wrong with it Bob. Don't stress over it, look at it as an opportunity to get to know the "inner workings" of your unit :)

While you're in there, take some time to check the plumbing and just in general identify what is going where. The more you know, the better.

Bob Vaughn

I opened the wall and was apalled at the mess that was in there.....I put the wall back up and will leave it for our trip to the dealer....those techs will earn their pay with that mess in there...I worked on air planes in the navy and with miles and miles of piping and wiring in an airplane all nice and tidy seeing this mess was just that, an awful mess...

wildcat11

Had trouble with my Yellowjacket vacuum, too. Got it fixed with a completely new unit. You are right about the mess behind that wall. Now the bedroom lights over the bed will not work and the overhead light in the bath. I suspect when the vacuum was installed something got jiggled or not connected for the lights. Checked all fuses, no problem. Have to bring it back in again!

We took our Rushmore out on her maiden voyage this past weekend and couldn't get our vacuum system to work in the trailer. It worked fine in the cargo area...just not in the trailer. I'm sure the dealer went over it with us, but we can't remember for the life of us how to get it to work. It wouldn't work in the mode to vacuum dirt or when using the attachment. Any ideas what we're doing wrong?