Cable TV outlet not working

TexMexCB

OK so i hooked up the CATV and it worked great in the living room then had a storm come thru now all i get is fuzzy channels in the lvg rm and loft however the master bedroom is coming in crystal clear. So i swapped the input to the sat and works great in the lvg rm but there is nothing connected to the sat input in the bedroom:mad: XXXXXXXX i demand perfection everything should be in working order sorry just venting:(
Any ideas, i live in my 5er fulltime so going to the dealer is not giong to work for me cause i need a place to live lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

jimtoo

Hi Manny,

As you know, we don't live in a perfect world.

Evidently it was working before the storm, so you need to see what the storm damaged. It must not be something that should be covered by Heartland or warranty. You may have had a power surge or close lightning strike. If so, you need to consider yourself lucky only minor damage happened. Usually it would take out the Micro, TV and any other sensitive electric appliances.

There are mobile repair guys all over. You might call your dealer and ask about them.

Jim M

Willym

Perhaps you could clarify what exactly works and does not work. Is just the "cable TV" input bad in the LR and loft, and SAT input bad in bedroom? I looked in the HOM section and the Cyclone cable diagram does not show the cable TV inputs.The only idea that I have is that one of your splitters has maybe failed.
OK so i hooked up the CATV and it worked great in the living room then had a storm come thru now all i get is fuzzy channels in the lvg rm and loft however the master bedroom is coming in crystal clear. So i swapped the input to the sat and works great in the lvg rm but there is nothing connected to the sat input in the bedroom:mad: XXXXXXXX i demand perfection everything should be in working order sorry just venting:(
Any ideas, i live in my 5er fulltime so going to the dealer is not giong to work for me cause i need a place to live lol.

copy.png
trans.png

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Just a guess here. Maybe the Rooftop antenna amplifier got damaged by the storm? The Cable input coax is routed to the amplifier and is then distributed to the LR system. I'm not familiar with the coax routing for the newer rigs but if you are hooked into the "sat" input for the LR, nothing will go to the BR. You might try a splitter. Hook the cable feed to the single side of the splitter and the two outputs to the BR and LR sat connections.

TexMexCB

Ok took out the CATV /SAT receptacle in bedroom and found that there is nothing going to the SAT plug so thats why it won't work, i will get a splitter tomorrow and remove the booster to see if i can get a clear signal to the LR and Loft. thanks for all the replies. At least I figured out how to get my TV sound thru my ceiling speakers today lol. thanks again for the input

TexMexCB

ok looks like the antenae amplifier was the culprit took it out of the loop added a 3 way splitter and now all my tv's work again woohoo.
thanks again

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
ok looks like the antenae amplifier was the culprit took it out of the loop added a 3 way splitter and now all my tv's work again woohoo.
thanks again
The only problem you have now is your roof antenna will no longer work. Replacements are around $30.