Atlanta GA Area CG?

tweber

Founding Wisconsin Chapter Leader-Retired
Can anyone suggest a CG in the Atlanta, GA/Lawerenceville, GA area? I checked out Jones RV Park, Atlanta Marietta RV Resort, and Stone Mt. Heights Mobile Home Park, but are these good parks for a 4 day stay at the end of July? Which one would you suggest? Thanks for your help.

SmokeyBare

I can only comment on Jones RV Park. It's located in Norcross Georgia, for those who don't know, Exit 101 off I-85 northeast of Atlanta GA.

This park is one used by people who work in the area, as well as those who want to be near Atlanta. There are full hook-ups at every site, the ones used for 2 week stays or less are pull through. There is a laundry in the park but we use another near by because their machines are far better. No, this is not a Resort, your not going to enjoy a swimming pool or Hot Tub, there is no game room. If your looking for a lake side RV Site, try (No Sewer Hook-Up, only a Dump Station) Yargo State park in Winder GA. If you want to be along Lake Lanier, consider River Forks Park located in Gainsville GA. It's run by Hall County Park System. (No Sewer Hook-up, only a Dump Station)

Ft. Yargo Park: http://www.gastateparks.org/FTYargo

River Forks Park: http://www.hallcounty.org/parks/parks_details.asp?ID=29

What Jones RV Park is: A great location to spend time in while visiting the Atlanta area. Just a short drive to Atlanta's Marta Transit System, a short walk out of the park to reach the Gwinnett County Bus stop. The Park is JUST off I-85, two right turns and your in the drive heading into the park from the South, from the north it is one left turn and one Right turn. Close to many restaurants and good shopping locations. Keep in mind Jones do not take reservations, sure you can call them and ask if they have sites open... but you'll not be given a site location. Folks just find the site they want and set up. The Office is not open on weekends.

We are parked here for a couple months. It's close to our daughters home and Grandma can get her required Grandkid Fix before we head to another location.

Hope this helps,
Marv

Last edited:

cashb

I know its too late for your trip, but maybe someone else can use the info! Red Top Mountain state park north of Atlanta. Beautiful, wooded, 50 amp but no sewer hook up. Deer and assorted other critters and a beach where you can swim in the lake in the summer. Very nice place and convienient to Atlanta.