Too Much Brown

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Sam and I enjoy the layout of our BC but there was way too much brown and froo-froo (is that a word??) for our taste.

We needed a little color inside to brighten things up a bit. We also removed the wall border and the trim on the valances. Still wondering if we made the right decision on leaving the swoosh on the upper valance.

Next on the list is replace the carpeted steps with oak tread like some have done here. Also the carpet will go in the living rooms but we want to get alittle more wear out it. first.

003.jpgIMAG0034.jpg

Last edited:

ChopperBill

Nice change! We dont like froo-froo either. I am guessing lots of folks dont but, It seems to keep showing up year after year.

SouthernNights

Thanks guys. Just trying to make it personal inside. Still working on the bathroom color and probably going to make the kitchen a little more yellow.

Our kids call the inside of our house the "skittle house" because of the colors. I guess we are doing the same thing in the trailer.

I wonder how much they would knock off of a trade in price because it is not brown. LOL, LOL

Willym

How did you achieve the wall colouring, i.e. what kind of paint did you use?

We've ordered our Landmark without borders. It will save us having to take them off after delivery which we did on our current s.o.b.

SouthernNights

Bill,
After removing the wall border tape we lightly (very lightly) sanded the walls with 220 grit.

Then we used a product called Aqua-Lock. If you are familiar with Kilz-same thing only much better. it is Latex based and is a sealer/primer. It will stick to anything including the semi slick surface of the paneling.

As far as the paint, we always use Benjamin Moore in the busuness. This happens to be their Regal line but the Super Spec is good also.