Water Pump moving air and water

tbhrose

Relative newby here. Typically my Wife and I use campground amenities. Only for the 2nd time in two years have did I "Dry" camp this weekend. I had 90 gallons of freshwater on board, and only took 1 shower with minimal water use until the pump starting bowing air/water? I noticed that the pump did not turn off like it usual did before when enough pressure had built up for use. How do I get to the pump in my BigHorn 3670RL? I am assuming through the underbelly? Thanks in advance for any advice given.

jimtoo

Hi tbhrose,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

To find your pump, remove the panel that is behind your docking station. Usually you will find two screws on inner end of panel and 3-4 from the inside of the docking station. (In left corner.) Don't be surprised at what you find when you remove the panel. A mess of wires and hoses, but it works.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
How did you get 90 gallons of fresh water into a 75 gallon tank? As Jim said, you need to remove the panel behind the UDC. Check the little sediment filter on the side of the pump and make sure it's not loose, along with the connections to the pump. This is what you'll see when you open it up. The water pump is just in front of the black drain pipe going into the floor. You can see the sediment filter I mentioned.
View attachment 8472

Pulling the panels is a PITA after a while. I modified my basement walls with these removable panels to get at the plumbing behind the UDC and to the spot where I remounted my converter and surge suppressor.

View attachment 8473

jnbhobe

Check your vent lines sounds like you didn't have a full water tank. Do a search there are a lot of threads about the water tank not filling all the way

tbhrose

Oops, sorry, I meant 75 gallons of fresh. 90 would be my gray water. Anyway, thanks so much to all for the great thoughts and advice. I did locate the necessary screws and removed the wall access in the storage area. I tried as best I could to follow the vent which disappeared to the rear of my viewable area. I ended up giving the vent a shot of 20 lbs compressed air and filled the tank slowly. Nearly an hour, but it took all 75 gallons. I'll know for the next dry camp episode to plan on a slow fill!