Kitchen Faucet Water Pressure....or Lack therof!

SilverRhino

Can't seem to get any decent water pressure at the kitchen sink. We have good pressure in the vanity and shower, but not the kitchen. Pressure regulator is set to 50 #s.

Don't understand what is going on. Has anyone else experienced this type of problem?

ChopperBill

I think that is just the nature of the beast. Our old BH didn't have much pressure at the sink and the new one doesn't either. On city water or using the pump. I took the aerator and all the other stuff out of the faucet once and it helped but it disables the sprayer.

wdk450

Our kitchen faucet is about the same, with the addition that if you start to get a high flow, it starts pulsating, minimizing the flow. I have been told that there are flow restrictors in both ends of the sprayer line, and you need to remove the faucet from the counter to get them out. This is on my "Round-Tuit" list.

ct0218

I had the same problem too, and tried everything to improve the flow. I just gave up and replaced the whole thing with a new American Standard faucet from Home Depot. Gail is so happy now! It has a pullout head, and is a lot taller. 3-4X the flow. IMG_1241..jpg

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Take off the strainer from the faucet and clean it. Mine had a bunch of trash in it and when I reinstalled it after cleaning it made a world of difference.

navyAZ1

We have had the same problem a number of times, and each time I removed the screen on the faucet and took out a bunch of black plastic looking trash then the pressure was good. One other thing you might consider is your pressure regulator, I use a residential type pressure regulator (bought it at Lowes $35). This regulates the pressure using a diafram and doesn't cut down the water flow, where the small inline types they sell at the RV stores control the pressure by cutting down the water flow. Use of this has given us great pressure in the shower and everywhere.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I solved the problem but it was quite a chore. It may be easier to do as ct0218 suggested and go for the new fixture.
My fix was to completely dissassemble the fixture valve and remove the restrictor. Actually, I cut the restrictor in half so I was still able to use the part that acts as a washer/seal. If you do this fix, you will see what I'm talking about once you get it taken apart.

Attachments

• 100_0473..JPG
    100_0473..JPG
    42.3 KB · Views: 65
  • 100_0472..JPG
    100_0472..JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 63

SilverRhino

Thanks for the info .....

I do use a whole house type pressure regulator so that is not the issue. Disconnected the water hose from the filter box....that wasn't it. Cleaned the screens....helped a little.

Guess I will try the same approach as Ray...might as well give it a try. I have an extra kitchen fixture on the garage shelf, will install that if all else fails.

Thanks again.

Travel Safe!

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
Can't seem to get any decent water pressure at the kitchen sink. We have good pressure in the vanity and shower, but not the kitchen. Pressure regulator is set to 50 #s. Don't understand what is going on. Has anyone else experienced this type of problem?

We have a similar issue with our new 3450TS BC. After looking at Ray's fix-it project, I think I will just live with it...I hate plumbing work!

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Thanks for the info .....

I do use a whole house type pressure regulator so that is not the issue. Disconnected the water hose from the filter box....that wasn't it. Cleaned the screens....helped a little.

Guess I will try the same approach as Ray...might as well give it a try. I have an extra kitchen fixture on the garage shelf, will install that if all else fails.

Thanks again.

Travel Safe!
Randy, You might save your sanity if you just go for that extra fixture in the garage from the git go.;)

SilverRhino

Randy, You might save your sanity if you just go for that extra fixture in the garage from the git go.;)

Ray.....I'm kind of worried about you....you said, almost word for word what the DW said. I believe she used a little stronger language though!

I think I'll listen to both of you and take the fixture off the garage shelf...need the space anyway.

Randy

Travel Safe!