Filling the water tank- water gushing form the Spray Port- TrailRunner 27BHS

Hi I have a 27 BHS- 2007 and can't fill the city water in my RV. The moment I hook up the city water, the water gushes from the Spray Port (which is just beside the city water inlet). Any suggestions-- does the valve need to be replaced?

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
You don't fill anything via the city water inlet. That provides water to the system from an external supply and does not route to the fresh water tank. What spray port are you referring to? If you mean the outside shower, try shutting off both valves (hot & cold) for it and check the on/off button on the sprayer handle.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Saucy, I would try spraying some WD40 into the spray port and using a dull screwdriver try to push in on the check valve in the port. This may allow it to re-seat. If you can, have the port replaced or removed. They can be a pain in the butt. I have a 2007 and have not used the ports in 3 years. It sounds as if your port may have corroded but loosened up and began to leak. I think Heartland stopped using the ports in 2008.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Saucy, you fill the water tank via a gravity fill port located on the side of the trailer. It should have a large white cap on it, which covers a large hole you stick the hose in. Helps to attach a clear filler tube (accessory at parts store) to insert down into the port, rather than the metal end of the hose. This picture is what most of the ports look like. The small screened opening you see is the tank vent to release air as the water fills the tank. Sometimes, the line is kinked or has water in it and the air can't escape. When that happens, the tank will stop filling prematurely and water will back up out of the fill port. If that happens, you need to straighten out the vent line.

View attachment 8527