1st campout with our 2011 31QBS

scormier

Just got back from our 1st campout with our new TT...the weathers was really cold and crapy, but the kids loved it. We stayed at the KOA in Gros Morne, Newfoundland...this was the first weekend they were opened this season.

We'd been so excitted to get the trailer...me and my 8yr daughter went on a week long trip to meet the TT at the border in St. Stephens New Brunswick, visited my family along the way. We had a great time, was a little worried about my setup prior to picking up the TT, but all is good now...towing the trailer 1400km's back to Newfoundland last week wasn't a problem at all for my 2010 4.6L Tundra, only averaged 8 to 9 miles to gallon but that's what I expected.

I've attached a couple of pics that came out ok, problems with the camera this weekend...will take more on our next campout next weekend. The trailer is awesome, but did come with a couple of minor problems, which I hope I can quickly fix...I'll post my issues in general discussions.

Attachments

• KOA Camping May 15.jpg
    KOA Camping May 15.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 186
  • 2010 Tundra + 2011&#.jpg
    2010 Tundra + 2011&#.jpg
    487.4 KB · Views: 239

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Nice unit. From looking at your photo from the side it appears the rear of your truck and front of the trailer are "squatting". You may possibly need to put air bags on the rear of the truck to get it to ride level. Do you have a weight distributing hitch? If not I would suggest that also. MHO

tmcran

scormier

Actually was parked at a Dairy Queen and the seperation between DQ's lot and the Pipeline lot was about a 1 to 1.5 foot slope and my right rear tire was down on the slope...trying to leave room for vehicles to come in and out of drive through...you probably notice that the spare is almost touching the ground.

Wow that's a **** big trailer for a 4.6 Tundra! I am looking at a 32 buds and towing with a 2008 5.7 crewmax. I notice you have a ton of squat on your Tundra, can you get that out with hitch adjustment? I have looked at airbags, are you still on stock tires? I have seen a lot of recommendations for e rated tires to increase stability.

I would really like to hear more about your experience towing with your Tundra.
Thanks!

Just got back from our 1st campout with our new TT...the weathers was really cold and crapy, but the kids loved it. We stayed at the KOA in Gros Morne, Newfoundland...this was the first weekend they were opened this season.

We'd been so excitted to get the trailer...me and my 8yr daughter went on a week long trip to meet the TT at the border in St. Stephens New Brunswick, visited my family along the way. We had a great time, was a little worried about my setup prior to picking up the TT, but all is good now...towing the trailer 1400km's back to Newfoundland last week wasn't a problem at all for my 2010 4.6L Tundra, only averaged 8 to 9 miles to gallon but that's what I expected.

I've attached a couple of pics that came out ok, problems with the camera this weekend...will take more on our next campout next weekend. The trailer is awesome, but did come with a couple of minor problems, which I hope I can quickly fix...I'll post my issues in general discussions.