M22 Sky Light Blackout

I love the lighting you put in above the cabinets in the M22. It's a nice night light to get up and manage during the night without blinding everyone.

Unfortunately the times when it's actually dark enough for me to need a night light, it's generally too cold to use my trailer! :)

So now for the question. Since it's really bright all night long here in Alaska, do you have any way to black out or at least cut down the light from the two skylight vents in the unit? Particularly the one directly over the master bed. Ideally something that I can place in the vent from inside the unit at night and remove during the day. Alternately, a tinted cover to replace the existing vent would work.

Thanks

M

Mcreech

I would check camping world stores, we don't have anything from the factory but I have seen something like what you are talking about in camping stores...Thanks Mike

rl7greg

I bought a roll of velcro tape and a heavy guage roller blackout blind from Home Depot and made covers for the door window and roof vents. To get them the right size without measuring I taped some paper over the vents and window, used the side of a crayon to mark the edges and used those as templates to cut the vinyl. Worked good.

Larry77

IMG_3609.jpg

IMG_3608.jpg

Made mine with boat top vinyl and velcro...works like a dream. We can close up all the windows in the middle of the day and watch a movie in total darkness.

That would be a great addition to the Edge to have the black out blinds included or at least available for purchase, for those of us that are less crafty. Right now I have a piece of cardboard in the skylights and a towel over the door window at night. It works just fine but I cannot easily get the cardboard out so it just stays up there during the day too.
Great job on your blackout covers.

Yellowreef

I use this http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/solar-vent-cover-16-x-16/32164

and also looked at this one http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/lights-out-vent-shade/19495

At $10 it's hardly worth trying to come up with something on my own where I would probably spend more than that on material.

Not only does it keep the light out, it also keeps the temperature down when it's hot outside. Comes with flimsy velcro though and you have to get some real stuff to install it properly. They have one for the door window too.

gemarsh

I noticed you have a 4 runner and an edge M18. How does that tow for you? I have a 4 runner and was looking at the M22. I would welcome any comments or ideas you have. I hate to buy too large of a trailer for the 4 runner. We've towed several trailers before but not as heavy as the M22.