2010 M22 Sawdust

I've recently taken my 2010 M22 out on its first few trips. I am noticing bits of what appears to be sawdust appearing on the counter surfaces and in most of the cabinets. I'm guessing that this is normal as the cabinets settle in while getting flexed running down the road. Is this to be expected for a brand new unit?

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
There is a sawdust and screw fairy that inhabits RVs. The fairy sprinkles sawdust and drops screws when you travel. LOL Seriously, we still find sawdust after 2 1/2 years. It just appears. That is a 'normal' thing.

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
I think (hope) this is normal because we have the same issue! The basement area also ends up with quite a bit of sawdust!

kkamshop

We've had our Landmark for a year and a half and still get sawdust after every trip. DH threatens to take the cabinet apart to sweep it out. At any rate, this is perfectly normal, annoying, but normal.

bar20

Did the dealer charge you for going over the trailer? The dealer should have vacuumed that out before you took delivery. Call them up and ask them if they want you to hire someone to come in and clean up what the didn't do and send them the bill or send someone from their company out to where you keep the trailer and do it themselves, their choice.

No it was totally clean when I took delivery. Several people commented it's pretty common. I like the sawdust and screw fairy explanation the best.