Touch Audio DVD/CD/Radio Player

Hi:

Does anyone know who "Touch Audio" is? Any web site? The manual is a bit lacking in information.

So far the unit is working fine; except I cannot select the Outside Speakers from the unit. I can select the "A" and "B", but touching the "C" does nothing. I can use the remote to select "C", but would like to be able to do it on the unit.

Any ideas how I can go about selecting the Outside Speakers from the unit?

Note: The unit interface is a touch sensetive and no real buttons to select functions.

Thanks

bdscre

I had a hard time finding any information as well. My wife actually managed to find the "sweet spot" that would turn on the c speakers on the screen, but I never could. The unit is distributed by lippert manufacturing, which mainly makes axles and frames. The only thing they have on their site is a pdf, which is pretty useless. I was searching because our radio comes on every time there is a weather alert, and stays on until you manually shut it off. That is great unless the trailer is in storage, and it drains the battery. I called someone from lippert, and never got an answer about how to shut it off. Now we just remove the fuse for it when not in use. Here's the link to lippert's pdf:

http://www.lci1.com/NewProducts/Flyers/TouchAudio/TouchAudio.pdf

DJC523

We just took delivery of a 2011 31QBS and it is great. But we also have an issue with the Touch Audio unit. The A, B, C speaker selections all work fine but I can't play a DVD through from the unit through the TV (or SD or USB card content either). I've made sure the TV is set to AUX2, which is where the cables are plugged into the TV and set the Touch unit to Disc or USB or Card, but none of them send video to the TV. When I put a DVD in, it plays the audio through the trailer speakers (yes I'm sure it's not a CD, the DVD indicator lights up on the panel) but again, no signal on AUX2 or any other input on the TV. Maybe they just forgot to plug some wires in the right spot on the back of the unit? Anybody know how to remove it or gain access to the back?
Thanks,
Doug

PS - Kudos however to Heartland for the audio/video cable being snaked through either the wall or the ceiling and not just laying it through the overhead cabinet.

bdscre

We had the same issue with our North Trail 21fbs, not being able to play through the tv. Just on a whim, I checked where they had hooked the cords into the tv. they were hooked into the "out" jacks instead of the "in" jacks. Worked great when I switched it!

DJC523

Thanks Carl. In our case that was hooked up properly. So last night I pulled the Audio unit out of the cabinet and found that the video plug was very loose. Pushed it all the way on and now it works fine. Thanks for your reply!
Doug.

bozo

I came home last night and heard our radio playing a weather alert ????? You had talked about a fuse you pulled to keep the battery from running down. Did you pull it from main panel or is there a fuse on the radio somewhere. I just pulled every fuse in my panel one by one and the radio never went off. I have a 21 FBS North Trail and the panel is not marked radio.

Thanks,

bozo

bdscre

We also have a 21fbs, and on ours, it was the third fuse down. I think we've found another solution as well. Try tuning the weather radio to a station with no signal. That seems to keep it from going off.

pegmikef

To remove the player: Carefully pry off the plastic trim piece on each side of the unit. This will expose the six screws (my NT 26rls only had four). Remove the screws. The unit slides right out (the cables connect to the side so it might be kind of tight.I know this is probably old news, but I didn't see the removal instructions anywhere.
I don't have a problem with the fuse, because I got a real simple switch from Harbor Freight and I just turn off the battery whenever we're not using the trailer (the other stuff like all the detectors were running down the battery too).

Last edited:

abcouple

Hi All. What am I missing? Can play dvd on system and radio. However I can't get the"sd, ubs, and "line in" to work with either my camera, mp3 or ??? player. How do I get the "touch audio" player to recognize these imputs? thx

Gib

I am also having a time with the automatic weather channel coming on, lost some work today because neighbors were complaining. I got a LIP Sheet - 0176 rev A which is suppose to step you through how to shut off the automatic weather alarm (suppose to be able to turn off the little speaker looking icon) but the sequence doesn't work. It will turn and off the alarm bell icon however but that doesn't appear to do anything as far as the weather channel goes. If I pull the fuse on my system it shuts off the furnace and air conditioner as well. Since I don't particularly want my rig to freeze I would rather not do that. In my mind I don't consider that a warranty fix anyhow. The only way for me to do it is to yank it from the wall and take out the fuse or disconnect the power lead to the unit there.

Hi guys, we took our new 21fbs out for the first time this year and have the same problem with the unit. The thing turns on by itself and its the weather channel. I can't seem to get it set to shut off so I have decided to pull the unit out of the cabinet and install a small push button on/off switch on the side of the unit. I will lose any stored radio channels but that's not a big deal, plus when in the standby mode the light out of it is so bright its tough to get to sleep at night plus that's got to run the battery down. I also installed a duel battery switch that I can turn to both batteries or one battery or the other or turn both off so things don't drain the batteries when not in use. Oh forgot to mention I installed a second battery also. Over all it seems like a pretty cheap sound system.
Wes.

Marge

All who wander are not lost.
There's another thread on here about the radio too. My husband took it out and put a toggle switch on it so we can completely shut it off, yes it is bright at night! But the last straw was when I got home for lunch a few weeks ago and got out of my car and thought the city was sending out an emergency alert of some sort, Opps! it was the NOAA station blasting from our trailer, we had been camping and had the outside speakers turned up pretty high! LOL

Here is that other thread.

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.ph...yer-stereo-How-to-turn-Noaa-weather-radio-off

OK .... How do you get the remote to work with the Touch Audio unit? I would think press DVD and it would work but no luck. What is the setup code for the Jensen remote to get the DVD working via the remote.

Thanks in advance.

Mac

Ruju

We have had problems with this as well on our 26RKS - problems with the touch screen not working and no way to 'disarm' the weather radio. My husband usually pulls the fuse out when we are not using the camper and the touch screen - frustrating! We just keep tapping the screen til it works or use the remote.......

RJA

We have a new Trail Runner and the Touch Audio was working ok. But three weeks ago we started having problems. The weather alert was coming on at all times of the day and day. I think I got that stopped. Now the "C" channel speakers CUT IN AND OUT!! Anyone have any ideas on how to correct this. The dealership said contact the manufacture of the unit, YA! NO manufacture information is in the instruction manual. Almost like they know this unit is "JUNK" and going to cause problems!
Please help!!!

Thank you!

Edmon

I just finished installing a switch i the power feed to the radio as I couldn't turn off the NOAA either. Really shouldn't have to do this to a $25,000. trailer.

I had the "Touch Audio" replaced in my 2012 Dutchman Denali right after I bought it. The unit did not work at all. Now the brand new unit radio portion works but the cd and DVD player both have lag and read issues. I keep getting this read error on most of the Dvds I try to play " this player is incompatible with the region marking on this disc".

Any idea as to what is causing this?

I cannot get the trailer manufacture to respond since they insist it is a unit warranty problem.

Of course I cannot get anyone to answer the phone at the company who sold the unit.
:(