What is fix for plumbing lines kinking in kitchen slide?

kitchen sink drain hose kinks

what is the fix for the kitchen drain hoses from kinking from the slide out.i have a 2006 3500 bighorn.

jbeletti

Bob,

This may not be the fix in your BH, but in my 2005 Landmark with a sink in the slide, two things needed to be done.

1. Replace drain hose with one that is more flexible
2. Properly attach drain to floor under refer and at base of cabinet in slide

Early on, the hose Heartland used was fairly stiff and kinked easily. Replacing it with a hose that was much more flexible was the cure for the kinking. I'd be surprised if they went back to that stiff hose. Perhaps your hose is too short?

Mine leaked as well. Not in the hose but where it transitioned to PVC at the end nearest the sink. By securing the flex hose just prior to these transitions, stress was taken out of the transitions and no more leaks from that.

Hope other Bighorn owners with sinks in their kitchen slides weigh in on this for you.

Jim

Fordsd250

Temp Fix

I too had my drain hose to break on my 3500. The hose was too stiff and kinked and also would hang between the slide and wall. I couldnot find a flex hose the size I needed, so went to a smaller size. I also place 2 bungee cords on the hose. One in the slide and one under the frig. This is working ok but some water remains in the hose all the time. I will try to fix it a better way after camping season. Still like the 3500.:)