Good Sams/GMAC Insurance

sdagro

Any owners out there have the Good Sams/GMAC Insurance policy on their units. Apples-To-Apples their policy is way cheaper than State Farm and also includes replacement cost which most car insurers will not offer. Just curious about the service end of it. Any problems with claims. Please reply. Thanks, Steve A. Dagro

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
We have GMAC on everything that moves that we own, even our house insurance is GMAC. GMAC has the cheapest and best coverage. We have Good Sam for the road service.

ct0218

We also have it on everything that moves, and have been very happy with the response and service. I think we have had it for 6 years now, and have used it for a couple of accidents. Absolutely no hassle, they even arranged for the rental car, and hidden damage discovered during the repair was a snap, they didn't hesitate to approve the repairs. You can even drop the collision coverage on the coach if it is stored through the winter, etc. We also use Good Sam for road service, had good luck with that to.

ct0218

Bill,
I think that the premium will vary from state to state. I checked Geico last year and it was more than GMAC here, and there was some reason that Progressive wasn't considered, can't remember now what it was, but I decided not to go with them after talking to someone in their underwriting office. I'm sure that every state's requirements will be different, as will the company's rating criteria. Just moving my drivers license and registration from FL to NC, everything else stayed the same, staying with GMAC, dropped my premium 37%. (And the premiums will probably vary as much as trailer plates and registration fees vary state to state)

scotty

We do and haven't had any problems. Only had Good Sam for about a year but we're pleased. They provided better coverage for the RV and the total price was a couple hundred cheaper than USAA, so we switched. I've only heard good commets about Good Sam GMAC

irish

When we still had an RV, we checked with Good Sam / GMAC and they were 50% higher than our American Family plan.

You also might want to consider how financially solvent Good Sam / GMAC is. They do seem to be having problems.

rbarr

We have Good Sams/GMAC on RV,TRUCK and HOME. Change over from Hartford was cheapest and best coverage at the time.
Been with GMAC a year.