Bulb p/n for vanity lighting in early Landmarks

jbeletti

While cleaning the traielr this weekend, my damp cleaning rag accidentally touched one of the bulbs in the vanity light fixture while the lights were on. Some smoke and a pop!

I removed a working bulb, looked at the markings on it, took it home and now I am looking at that good bulb and cannot find the markings. I think they rubbed off from being in my pocket the rest of the day.

If anyone has an early model (non-suites layout) Landmark and has access to your trailer this week, can you pull one of these bulbs and let me know what the numbers are on it? I know it's 12 volts but unclear as to the wattage so I don't want to just grab a replacement that "looks" the same.

I've attached a small out-of-focus (sorry) picture taken with my cell phone.

Thanks,

Jim

Attachments

• trailer-vanity-bulb.jpg
    trailer-vanity-bulb.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 25

jbeletti

Bulb Found - GE Miniature Sealed Beam Catalog attached

Thanks John,

Googled the part and found it online. Cross-referenced it over at GE's website. I think I have what I need to go look for one. Found some online for 55 cents each plus $9 shipping - woohoo! Headed to Lowes/Home Depot/Ace. I'll find them somewhere.

I am attaching a pdf file from GE. It's their Miniature Sealed Beam (MBS) Catalog. this bulb is on page 36 (p/n 12328 - GE 194).

If someone has the time, maybe by coch model, we should put together a replacement bulb listing that has the markings from each bulb used in the coach and maybe a cross reference to what the bulb type and ordering part information is.

Thanks again John.

Jim

Attachments

• GE_Lighting_msb_catalog.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 6

jbeletti

Heartland RVs Light Bulb Index Project

Okay, here's a low impact project for a couple people to take on. Anyone interested in pulling out 1 each of every light bulb in their Heartland trailer and recording all the nomenclature printed on each bulb?

There will be some differences between models. And some differences between years (suites layout vs. non-suites for example - vanity lights are different).

I have attached an Excel spreadsheet used to capture and organize the data in. for those who cannot open an Excel file, I have attached a PDF version of the same file.

If I could get YEAR, MODEL, FLOORPLAN, then bulb markings and location, I can research each bulb a bit to get ordering information.

I can also share this effort with Heartland's Service Parts Department as they too may one, have a list they are using and/or two, have many bulbs in stock that they can assist in part number gathering or confirming.

Any takers?

Jim

Attachments

• light_bulb_index_09-25-2006.xls
    21 KB · Views: 14
  • light_bulb_index_09-25-2006.pdf
    17.7 KB · Views: 6

jpmorgan37

Jim;
I already have mine and will post the numbers. I try to carry spares for all of them and that way I don't have to go hunting. Most of mine came from Walmart or True Value Hardware.

Here it goes:

Halogen 50 watt flood--GU10
Halogen 10 watt G-4 base
aisle lights- CLB-53 1 cp
194/BP2 (GE194)

That covers most of my lights in my Grand Canyon, 2006 with the newer bedroom/bath floorplan.

John

jimtoo

Jim,
If that is a 194 bulb, which it looks like, those are available at any auto parts store and of course WM. Commonly used for side marker lamps and such on almost all vehicles.
Jim