Best black streak, grime and bug remover ever!

Northern Virginia
Over the weekend I washed and waxed our Augusta. And while washing and waxing a camper that big is a workout, I enjoy doing it. I decided to try Meguiar's Polishing Compound from my local auto parts store. This stuff is the best black streak, grime and bird poop/ dead bug remover ever. It removes black grime from all parts of the camper with minimum effort. It also leaves the fiberglass polished and shinny.

Around here in mid summer the birds devour purple berries that we call ink berries. They are very hard to get off anything. When it comes out of the other end of the bird they are even harder to get off surfaces. The Meguiar's removed even the most stubborn bird poop that I could not get off last year using everything under the sun. And best of and all, after removeing the grime the camper is waxed and looks better than new!

I will retire the Awesome Orange highly recommend this product.

John

debh

john, i have to agree with you on that. i use the mcguiars on my boat and it removes the most stubborn commorant/gull poop stains you can imagine!! even after baking on in hot sun if we dont go to the boat for a week or 2.

after the polishing compound i would reccomend the PURE WAX. this will leave a fantastic shine. i do the polish/wax in separate steps. i use the polish 1st to remove oxidation/stubborn dirt then the wax. takes twice as long but the shine/protection you get is unbeatable. once a year on my boat keeps it looking great and water beading the entire year and thats with it in hot sun on a mooring ball in tough elements all season. so you can imagine the job itll do on a camper!!

http://marinerv.meguiars.com/product/Gel-Coat-Polish-Protect/Boat-RV-Polish (this is polish only NOT polish/wax combined)

http://marinerv.meguiars.com/product/Gel-Coat-Polish-Protect/Boat-Rv-Pure-Wax

both these are GREAT!!

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Over the weekend I washed and waxed our Augusta. And while washing and waxing a camper that big is a workout, I enjoy doing it. I decided to try Meguiar's Polishing Compound from my local auto parts store. This stuff is the best black streak, grime and bird poop/ dead bug remover ever. It removes black grime from all parts of the camper with minimum effort. It also leaves the fiberglass polished and shinny.

Around here in mid summer the birds devour purple berries that we call ink berries. They are very hard to get off anything. When it comes out of the other end of the bird they are even harder to get off surfaces. The Meguiar's removed even the most stubborn bird poop that I could not get off last year using everything under the sun. And best of and all, after removeing the grime the camper is waxed and looks better than new!

John

Hey John,

Want to come down to Dumfries for a couple of days?:angel:

Northern Virginia
Is this this like saying the Colorado river will slowly remove rock or is this a realistic concern for someone that uses polishing compound once a year to remove streaks and bird poop? Bear in mind this is a hand applied, consumer grade compound.

Gus, I waxed in April and my shoulder is still sore. I wasn't looking forward to my spring wax job but it really wasn't that bad. And when I was done, it looked better that the day we brought it home.

John

navyAZ1

John

I am going to try this you're about the 10th person who has really rated the Meguiar's so highly. I had to retire the "Awesome Orange" also, can't say for sure but I feel it was having adverse affects on the front cap of our BH. I thought I had rinsed it off really good but apparantely not I'm seeing dull streaks.

See Ya,

Ron

jpajax

I am a firm believer in Bounce Dryer sheets. Just wet the camper cap down good, wet the sheet and off comes the bugs. Try ed it for the first time this week and boy did it really work and it is not hard on the wax.

Northern Virginia
I don't usuallly have much of a problem getting the dead bugs off. They usually come off with a good wash. What I really liked about the Meguiar's Polishing Compound was it removed the purple bird poop and the black streaks with ease. The purple bird poop from the dark purple berries the birds eat, used to be really tough to get off. This made it easy.

I didn't wax the whole camper with this, I just used it on the tough stains. For the bumper to hitch wax, I like the regular Meguiars wax.

John

AttyVette

I am a firm believer in Bounce Dryer sheets. Just wet the camper cap down good, wet the sheet and off comes the bugs. Try ed it for the first time this week and boy did it really work and it is not hard on the wax.
Yes my brother in law owns ambulances companies and he told us about the bounce dryer sheets to get love bugs off so we have used it in our cars for years! It also works great on travel trailers too!

pegmikef

I routinely use the Meguiars spray and wipe wax on the front of my North Trail before every trip. I never have a problem getting bugs or any other grime off although I have used Awesome from the dollar store for stubborn spots. It only takes about a half hour to clean and wax the front and it is always nice and shiny and clean and has a layer of protective wax.

ChangingPlaces

I routinely use the Meguiars spray and wipe wax on the front of my North Trail before every trip. I never have a problem getting bugs or any other grime off although I have used Awesome from the dollar store for stubborn spots. It only takes about a half hour to clean and wax the front and it is always nice and shiny and clean and has a layer of protective wax.
Hi I haven't polished our unit yet. How many bottles of polish would you go through to polish the entire unit. Is it a big job.
Cheers Paul

Rodbuster

What about this " REJEX " stuff that I've been hearing about? All kinds of people are saying great things about it.

I don't know if it is used as a cleaner or as a product to make your unit shine... or both.

Rodbuster

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
We have got to find a way to get those "love bugs" transplanted to the north and out of the south!!
We have our own problems here with Asian Beetles. Them stinky darn things start appearing just before the cold weather and start to inhabit every nook & cranny they can find. Both in RV's and homes.

Ray LeTourneau

What about this " REJEX " stuff that I've been hearing about? All kinds of people are saying great things about it.

I don't know if it is used as a cleaner or as a product to make your unit shine... or both.

Rodbuster
Rodbuster, Rejex is more of a preventative than remover. I've heard it's great to apply after removal of the bugs and it makes it easier to get them off.

Ray LeTourneau

Just before the rally I used Meguiar's Ultimate Compound. My goal was to remove the oxidation before applying a wax/polish. I'm beginning to think porthole has a good point. My front & rear caps are smooth as a baby's behind but still don't have that "factory new" appearance. I wonder if getting a clear coat applied might be a better idea. My truck has been abused by the sun for longer than my BH and still looks pretty good. Would clear coat on fiberglass have the same lasting effect as on metal?

Paul_W

I love AWSOME! I'm not sure what's in it but it removes black streaks with one spray and a paper towel. It is lso really cheap. I saw it at Wally World last weekend too.

jimtoo

Hi Paul_W,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M