front landing gear is half working

lev622

I know this sounds crazy but half of the front landing gear is working. Left side works but the right side doesn't. Can anybody help my husband and I find where the access panel is to the landing gear so we can see if it is just a shear pin. We have already checked the fuses and they are ok.
Thanks in advance
LEV

ChopperBill

If they are electric landing gear, probably the bolt fell out of the shaft going from one side to the other on one end. I could be laying on the floor in the storage bay. Just even them up and put the bolt back in. Put a good lock nut on it to keep it from doing it again.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
If it's not the cross-shaft, then the problem will be with a gear inside the upper leg. Your legs are probably made by Venture manufacturing. If so, a call to Heartland Customer Service would be in order (whether under warranty or not). They can get you started in the right direction. Mine broke after the warranty had expired, but a follow-on call to Lippert got me a repair kit for a nominal charge. You need to be a bit mechanically minded to do the repair yourself, but it's not extremely difficult. If you don't feel comfortable taking apart the internal leg assembly, you'll need to take the trailer to a dealer. If you decide to tackle this yourself, I can give you more detailed help.

fhollan

This happened to me last October after we pulled into a campground. Noticed the right side wasn't coming down. Never had that happened before. Bill is right! Found both the nut and bolt, evened the landing gear back up and tightened everything up. Learn something new every time. I do check this to make sure it stays tight.

lev622

OK DH did find something broken but he can not get the C shaped bolt out of housing where the legs go up into. I guess we will have to take to back to the dealer and hope they can get what ever it is fixed before memorial day.
LEV

hart1369

:mad:hopefully your dealer is not greatlakes and you ar not taking it to rv service center . if you are make sure jason is taking care of you but that whole outfit is bad news