Air Brakes, width etc, for Australia

Iredale

I am an Australian looking at a Heartland Sundance 3300rcb to use in the US and Canada for 2 years and then bring back to Australia.
It seems to tick some of the most important boxes , width, door on RH side. I have a number of concerns which I will explore if I can get a positive response on the really big items.
Does the width measurement include the awning? I have a aximum allowable width of 98.425"
If it does ot include the awning is it possible to fit a roof mounted awning. We do it here because of our width restriction.
However because of the weight in Australia it will have to be fitted with Air Brakes.
Is this a possibility? can the trailer be ordered with air brakes?
I know and agree we have some really dumb laws here , but I cant help that.
If someone at Heartland would care to correspond with me that would be handy.

jimtoo

Re: Air Brakes, width etc,

Hi Iredale,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I do know that some of the units have been imported to Australia. I cannot give you the answers your looking for, but I will move the thread to the Sundance area where other owners can give you measurements. I have never heard of air brakes on a RV, but I see no reason that they could not be put on by some company that does the air brake work.

Enjoy the forum and hopefully you will get the answers your needing.

Jim M