QD Propane Connection on new Cyclone?

pineguy

Hello All

I have a couple question regarding the Quick Disconnect propane connection that comes with the trailer. Is this a high pressure or low pressure connection?

Stopped at a couple trailer places and they told me that it probably will be a low pressure connection and that I would have to modify the bbq so it would work with this connection. Does this sound correct?

I have been trying to find a male connector to work with my bbq and cannot find one anywhere. Anybody now where to get the fitting?

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Anything past the regulator should be at "low" pressure. Or at least at the same pressure as any other propane device on the rig. I think some folks have found the QD fittings at propane or compressed gas dealers. It's not something the Borgs or chain hardwares usually handle.

I've seen the Weber Q grill operated off standard 20 lb. tanks. One of these days, I'll try it with my Baby Q.

Riverman

We removed our regulator from the Weber Q and connect directly to QC on the side of the Cyclone.
Works well although I still carry the regulator and can convert it back to the small bottles for portabilty purposes.

porthole

Retired
What do you have to do to remove the regulator and what connection are you now using to connect the hose to the grill?

I added a quick disconnect to my trailer but ave not been successful with the grill working correctly on it.

Riverman

We made a trip to the local propane distributor. He removed the regulator and installed a male fitting in its place.
He then installed identical female ends to the BBQ's regulator as well as the new extension hose. Now I can just thread the hose off and thread the other back on. He actually had all the pieces together in a kit, it seems I was not the first person requesting this setup.

porthole

Retired
Thanks Gary, I'll have to take a closer look next time I pull the grill out.

Any chance you can snap a pic next time you have it out?

pineguy

Just thought I would update on this after I got it all figured out too thanks to Riverman.

We had bought the weber q 200 when picking our 3850 up in the US. I found out we have a weber store here so went to visit it and I tell you, it has been a long time since I got customer service like that!!! The guy was awesome and knew exactly what I needed. He told me it was no problem to remove the regulator from this q. He supplied me with a 20' hose, another quick coupler to attach to the q (he said would be easier to take the hose off and store, he was right!) and the male fittings to attach to each end of the hose. There were a couple adapter fittings I needed as well to attach these fittings the quick coupler to the q and the male end to the regulator. He also suggested to put a male connector onto the regulator incase I want to use the q on a standard propane bottle as well which I thought may come in handy.

Thanks again for all the replies.

pineguy

Just looking at my receipt, here is the list. Hope this helps!

1 - 20' hose w/ 1/4" ends Part #HR-2014FIP14FIP
3 - Male nipples 1/4" Q/C Gas Mate Part # QD-GMRVN4-4M (1 for each end of hose and 1 to install onto removed regulator)
1 - Female Quick Connect 1/4" Gas-Mate Part # QD-GMRVC4-4F (Quick coupler to install onto the q to make taking hose off easier)
1 - Adapter 1/8" MIP x 1/4" FIP Part # 120-BA (This was for putting the male end onto the regulator)
1 - Adapter 1/4" MIP x 1/8" FIP No Part # listed (This was for putting the QD onto the q)

ScubaSteve

Full Timer
They have the connections at Camping World as well as places like the one where Hank Hill works. You shouldn't need a regulator between the quick connect and the grill. Most propane cooking equipment uses the same regulated pressure. I thinking about using the quick connect for a larger 100 lb supply tank during the winter months which WILL require a regulator. That way I can avoid transporting multiple small tanks around and my supply will last a little longer.