Bumper Storage of sewer hose

Dmaxcc6spd

Being new to the RV thing, I assumed I was to store the sewer hose in the bumper. The rubber end caps are coming out while traveling and we finally lost one. Has anyone developed a clever means to keep the caps on or devised a replacement cap? I would appreciate any tips. Our 2998RB has 2 dump points and I purchased extra hose and a "Y" connector for longer stays. So now I have 3 sections of sewer hose - 2 fit in the bumper and I still have to build a place for the third.

Thanks,

loafer

Do yourself a favour when you get the chance put the 6 inch pvc pipe with caps under the trailer they will let you pu sewer hose and connecting fittings all in and they usually have a screw on cap . camping world sell these or you can get it all at a plumbing wholesaler. You will have to get some strapping and self tapping screws to fasten onto frame of trailer.
My .02 cents worth
Bill

musicman

When we had a tt I drilled a small hole through the plastic cap and the bumper and put a coat hanger through the holes to secure the caps to the bumper. It worked great! Hope this helps!

Two Hands

I use a large clear plastic bin with a snap on lid to store my sewer hoses, connectors, black tank flush hose and other fittings as well as the black tank additive. I rinse everything out frequently.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
When I had a SOB that had a bumper storage I drilled a hole through the bumper and he cap, then put a nail through the hole. However something more disturbing was that the water that keeps staying in the bumper will rust a hole in the bumper. I did about what Loafer said above. I bought some SCH 40 PVC big enough to hold the sewer hose and the end connector. Put threaded adapters on each end and bolted it to the bottom of the trailer at the rear using a heavy metal strip with holes in it (like plumbers tape but much heavyer). When I bought my BH 3400 I moved the pipe to it and am stil using it.

If you would like photos I can post some for you.

BC

Actually you can see some pictures here... Sewer Storage