Review of 2011 North Trail 31 BDSS

So the unit was delivered on Friday. Setup and Levelling on the site took minutes and then the fun began.

Plug in the power cable and hooked up the water. All worked fine and no leakes.

Checked out the trailer and started putting things in the various storage locations. This thing has dones of space!!

Only two issues with the unit; one from the Factory and one the Dealer:

Went to attache the negative battery cable and it pulled off in my hands. The wire wasn't crimped very well. 5 minutes later it was done properly.

Next I went to test the water heater. Turned on the water and verified the water here was not in Bypass mode. Before starting it; I check all was okay in the unit. Opened the cover and noticed quite the leak coming from the Drain/Anode. Had to get some teflon tape and put it back in. Only has a few drips when it is heating now. I have bought a 1 1/16" socket to tighten it properly on our next visit to the trailer. I guess the dealer didn't put new tape on it when they drained it from their PDI testing.

One Stup Trick by me was flushing out the water heater and not noticing water was going back into the trailer. Went through 4 rolls of paper towels and used a fan and heater to dry everything up! :mad:

Once the was out of the way I got to enjoy all and verify all appliances worked fine. I had to leave the stover burnes on for a bit with a lit flame by them to purge the air out. Fridge worked on both elect and gas. I haven't tried the waterheater on electric yet and may never use that option.

The Audio/Video System is a unique touch screen device from Touch Audio (Lippert sells them). The only issue with it so far is I can only select the outside speakers using the remote and not the base unit. I guess the Touch Screen part is a bit finiky and I haven't found the right spot for I more exploring needed.

Pillow top mattress was a great option and I am glad we ordered it.

Accoriding to the appliance installed lable on the cabinet door; we did not get the 15,000 BTU Air Cond Option we ordered (after x-ref model number on AirXcel's website). I have to double check the lable and also check the Air Cond unit it self on my next visit. Our Dealer contacted North Trail and as far as North Trail can tell it is the 15,000 btu. Hopefully it will be resolved in a week or two.

Love all the windows in the unit and the big kitchen table window really opens up the trailer.

Any questions about the trailer; just ask away.

I still have to download the photos and upload them.

APT

Sweet! I wish I had the TV for it, but I'm impatiently waiting my 28BRS.

What options did you get besides mattresses and AC upgrade?

Those where the only two options we got. The others we weren't really interested in.

BTW we are still waiting to get the proper AC installed as they put the 13,500 BTU instead of the 15,000 BTU unit.