Camping World

regan

Regan
Just thought I would share poor service experience with Camping World. I should say no service. On a recent trip in Oregon, one of my China bombs decided to explode. This was on a Sunday. I went to the closest Camping World (Wilsonville) in hopes of replacing with the Goodyear G614. They had them in stock, good news... they were on sale more good news!!..... I was in trouble, on the road and needed help. I will take them I said, knowing I couldnt get them installed until Monday. Then I was told not only can we not do the work on Monday, but we cant get you in for 6 days, yes they could fit me in until the following Saturday!! I explained I was in a bind, could really use the help, was a Presidents Club member, buy all my RV accessories from them. Sorry, cant help....

Thanks Camping World for not being there when I needed you.

Two Hands

I too had a rather bad experience with Camping World, but not the one in Oregon. I got on their web site and emailed them my complaint and was satisfied with their response. I would encourage you to let the big bosses know what is going on.

RoadJunkie

I think your expectations were a little high on this issue. What about all the others who are expecting their rig to be fixed on time? Perhaps they were also in a bind.

Gaffer

You can always take the tires to go. America / Discount tires can get Goodyears. They were very competitve and matched prices when I put BFG's on my jeep.

tmcran

Just thought I would share poor service experience with Camping World. I should say no service. On a recent trip in Oregon, one of my China bombs decided to explode. This was on a Sunday. I went to the closest Camping World (Wilsonville) in hopes of replacing with the Goodyear G614. They had them in stock, good news... they were on sale more good news!!..... I was in trouble, on the road and needed help. I will take them I said, knowing I couldn't get them installed until Monday. Then I was told not only can we not do the work on Monday, but we cant get you in for 6 days, yes they could fit me in until the following Saturday!! I explained I was in a bind, could really use the help, was a Presidents Club member, buy all my RV accessories from them. Sorry, cant help....

Thanks Camping World for not being there when I needed you.

About 3 weeks ago we were camping at Natural Bridge in VA. As we pulled in to the site I saw the left front tire going down on the RV. I had run over a GM car key and it had gone thru the side wall. This was on a Wed. afternoon. I called Good Sam's and they had someone to change the tire in about 45 minutes. The tire was ruined so the repair guy could not fix it. I called CW in Roanoke (about 50 miles) and ask if they had 235-80-16 E .No and we don't keep them in stock. I ask when we could get one in as I had to be back on the road Friday. He replied "will we would hope to have it by Saturday." I told the guy I could not believe they didn't stock very common size of RV tires. "that is the they way we do it" I checked at the RV park and they got me in contact with Lee's Tires in Lexington Va(12 ,miles). He said yep I have 4 of them. I told the guy I only needed one. He ask if I needed it that day and I told him no but would like to have it tomorrow. He said they were really booked but he understood our situation and would do it on his lunch hour. He didn' t have the brand I wanted but I needed a spare tire and the price was very fair. He would not let me buy his lunch either. Long story short. I'll start checking with local folks if possible. So if in Lexington area and need RV tires call Lee's Tires. Not CW in Roanoke.

RollingHome

Regan, I don't think "your expectations were NOT high" at all. Six days for a tire change is unacceptable - period. If CW couldn't do it they should have offered names of other businesses that weren't so busy ! You were not asking too much you were in a bind and you should have been moved to the front of the line. Camping World's lackadaisical attitude permeates their entire business and is the main reason they will eventually fail... just sit back and watch. No matter how many excuse makers and apologist they have on their side, they will close their doors, mark my word :) Tom

loafer

On the west coast of oregon and washington we have always had great service from Les Scwab tire .they have service trucks that come out to you . Not sure if they have the goodyaers but would get you up and running fast.We had a double blowout on both duallys on the right side of our motorhome they came out and cahnged both within an hour near Vancouver washington .
My experience was good.Sorry you had a bad experience
Bill

Gaffer

What was your final outcome? Did you wait on Camping World? Les Scwab is right across the freeway, did you use them or something else? BTW I like your RV shelter (previous post). We will be @ KOA in Sisters over Memorial Day. Stop and say howdy if your are out running around. Hope the tire thing worked out.

logan60

FYI - Good Sam road service now has option to bring a tire to you (might take a little longer than normal).. I've always had good luck with their service. Brought the same tire - Marathon - that blew on my Bighorn 3055 recently (tire disintegrated). Saved running around (with spare on) to find new tire. (BTW - may replace other tires soon but haven't decided if I'll stick with the Marathon.)