Emergency Road Service....What If Any Are You Using?

SilverRhino

Our Good Sam ERS contract is up in a few days. I was going to re-new it when I saw that it was cheaper for the first time user to get a years contract than returning contract holders. When I called Good Sam....for the first time....the person I dealt with was rude and and very short.

I have seen this same type of discrepancy with magazine subscriptions and every time I have called they have honored the lower price....well not Good Sam! I was told that I had "received the promo deal when I first signed up, now the price is higher". I have been a Good Sam member for over 30 years. I mentioned that to the "lady" and said that I was disappointed that Good Sam was not taking better care of their long time members by offering them the best price and maybe I needed to check other programs. I was told "that might be a good idea"...and that ended the conversation.

So...what ERS plans are you using? I like the Good Sam program and felt it had good coverage, and may end up back there....just thought I'd check and see if anyone has any advice.

Travel Safe!

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Good Sam-but cant give you any opinion about them because I have never needed to use ERS.
Still the same, "I don't leave home with out it". You never know.

tmcran

I had to use GS about 3 weeks ago.Very fast and very helpful. Called about an hour after the services was to be done to see if we were ok and satisfied. --I'll be renewing ..

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
With my last experience with GSERS which was not very satisfactory, and the fact that Affinity Group is in serious financial troubles, I'm not sure at all whether I'll renew.

We have used Coach Net since 2002 and are very pleased with the service. We have had to call them annually for either the 5er's tires blowing or flats on the dually and we've only had a problem with them not being able to help us one time when we were off road (our own fault). They also have a 24 hour RV tech "help" line for questions about things that go wrong with your RV. The customer service reps call you back to give you an ETA for the tow's arrival and then check back on you. I recommend them.

DXprowler

I have the Good Sam Platinum and have used it many times. The SOB 6L died on me on the Hwy with the previous SOB trailer. The truck needed a flatbed and went to the dealer. The trailer went back to where I was coming from towed by a different truck with a hitch attached to it. Been stuck twice and needed a boost once. The service was fast and friendly with 0 issues! I'm very happy with the service!

I haven't tried to get it cheaper from GS but I've had good luck with other vendors offering cheaper prices to newer customers then the loyal ones. I make a point of that and I've always had success in getting it cheaper when phoning. I think you got stuck with someone who got up on the wrong side of the bed! Perhaps you should call again and ask for the manager! That usually rattles the cages!

Some ammo you might want to throw that at them!.... Last year I dumped my GS membership but kept the ERS. I'm was wondering (and still do) why do I have to pay for both?? I feel the membership should be included with the ERS especially with the Platinum! Well they hounded me with renewal offers for months and ended up offering me a 3 year deal really cheap. They then offered a 2 year extension really, really cheap so I now have a 5 year deal. But personally I would rather have the ERS than the magazines. As far as the CG discount goes we usually stay at KOA's (because I know what I'm getting) and use their card.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I just renewed our ERS though Good Sam. I experienced the same price conflict and was told I could get the lower price if I did not renew and wait 6 months. The person on the telephone was very polite and professional and did give me a $10.00 discount. I have used them a number of times and have always been satisfied with their service. The last time they towed both the truck and the RV.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
We have Progressive insurance on our rig and it comes with ERS. Fortunately we haven't had to use it. I did, however, lock our keys in the truck once and Progressives ERS came to the rescue in about a 1/2 hour. No charge.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
We are using Coach Net as an Escapee Member. I just renewed for 3 year Platnium membership. $298.00. Good thru 2013 unless in 2012 we all drop dead then I don't need it.

I compared the Coach Net Platinum to the GS Platinum and liked the Coach Net better.

That's what we did...

BC

nscaler2

Coach net here. Haven't had a need to use them, so I don't know if they are really any good or not. We used to use ERS. However this spring we needed a tow to get the Ford going again and they wanted to tow me to a JAGUAR dealership because they were one mile closer to me than the Ford dealership. YEA I'm sure the Jaguar dealership was going to be able to diagnose and fix my Ford diesel. ROTFLMAO!!!! I argued with them and they said that if I wanted the Ford dealership, I would have to pay the difference in tow distance. I figure Affinity must really be in trouble if this is the way they want to treat their customers.

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
Hi Randy,
we have Good Sam Platinum ERS, AAA+, Progressive covers ERS, even my Ford will cover it for a short ride. Some say it might be a little overkill! LOL My advice is to call back and hopefully get a more friendly rep. When I called, he made sure I got the new promo price, even though I have had the service for 2 years. Sometimes it's just your approach, if you know what I mean. Keep calling until you get a friendly listener at Good Sam who will make sure they keep you as a customer by providing the promo rate.