Extra Warranty Should I Yes or No

bozo

Hey guys I was offered and Extra Waranty for five years $1695.00 for my 2011/21FBS it comes with a year.Do I need this? I new some of you long time roaders would know.
Just wanted to ask. Covers everthing except tires they say. Its the one RV Wholesalers offers. Do any of you have this. Do we need this covarage with the North Trail. :confused:

Thanks for any info.

Brain

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Re: Extra Waranty Should I Yes or No

What Jon said. OOOOPS never mind...I said it 1st. Brian, look at GS and some other "aftermarket" plans. You whole coach is a 1 years warrenty. Most of the appliances are 3 years. Learn how to fix things yourself. You will save BIG bucks in the end.

bozo

What Jon said. OOOOPS never mind...I said it 1st. Brian, look at GS and some other "aftermarket" plans. You whole coach is a 1 years warrenty. Most of the appliances are 3 years. Learn how to fix things yourself. You will save BIG bucks in the end.

Bob&Patty and all you other guys thanks for the reply. Got a qeustion your talking to a new owner here what is GS and do you have any names of the other companies that you are calling "aftermarket". Looks like we will pick up our new 21 FBS this friday. Thanks again.

Brian

You are paying in advance for repairs that you might have to perform. If you finance this it cost you interest as well. It is only a good deal if you cant afford to pay for the repairs as you go.

You may be paying in advance for repairs but can you afford to put out a large chunk of cash for the repair. We have used our extended warranty twice. The micro/convection oven would have cost us $875 plus labor to replace (cost $100 under warranty) and total of other repairs done under warranty would have totalled over $500 to repair. So I have gotten my money back on the warranty already. We will usually get the extended warranty on large ticket items (RV, Auto etc) and not on small items such as TV's Stereos etc. I guess it boils down to "different strokes".

pinola

I purchased it on my last unit.. it was used and warranty paid for itself. However i didn't on my new unit because everything the warranty covered, so did the manufacturer.