Best Sprint Air Card for Laptop

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
Hi, I am a longtime Sprint customer, and I just went out of contract, and since I am a premium member (WOW), lol, they have made me a really good offer of a lot of credit, if I renew my contract for 2 years for an air card for my laptop while on the road. Does anyone recommend a particular model that they consider the best Sprint has to offer? I don't like to depend on Campground Wifi systems unless I have to.

jnbhobe

I had ATT. and changed to Verizon with a U-760, usb connection. Verizon has the best coverage over all in the USA. IN this part of the country Sprint service is almost non-exsistant. Check the coverage maps. Thats just my experience

jbeletti

Larry,

Check Sprints 3G data coverage map on their site or at 3gstore.com. If the have good 3G coverage everywhere you travel, then it may be a good fit for you.

As Jon mentioned, it impossible to beat Verizons 3G data coverage if you travel all over like I do.

Jim

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I am using the Sprint U720. One thing to remember. If you have had the Sprint for some time you will have unlimited access. If you get another air card and a new contract you will then be under the 5 gig limit.

If you use more than 5 gig I would just let it ride.

I have both the Sprint U720 and Verizon U760. I find in the south east the verizon seems to be better. We are in Lake City Florida and Verizon is best. I have been to places where Sprint is the best. Over all if you had to pick which one to use Verizon would be better in most places.

BC

PUG

Pug
I use Verizon here in the west where they have better remote and all around coverage. I recently Purchased two of the Palm Pre Pro phones. It is a smart phone and I mean smart. One of the reasons I got these is it has a built in Mobile Hotspot. It is like an internal that lets you wirelessly teather your laptop, i-pod, whatever to the phone for internet service. I used to have a different phone that was tethered (by plug in wire) to the laptop but it was a pain but worked.

I used to pay about $50 a month for the wired tethering but now I pay about the same now for the Verizon web service for both phones and it includes 5 gig per phone of use of the mobile hotsot. The web service is unlimited so I have a push for the cost. The phones are synched with each other and my home email and calendar so all three are up to date all of the time. My security system at home sends an email with photos to the phones also if triggered.

boatdoc

Hey Larry, You and Debbi travel basically the same area Diana and I do, far left coast, and we have not had any problem anywhere with Verizon for the aircard even though we use Sprint for the cell phone. They also don't make you sign a 2 year contract, it's month to month if you get your own modem (air card) from another source other than verizon. That's how I did it.
Your buddy, Gary (boatdoc)