Can you walk on the slides when in?

APT

Some RVs are not designed to support much additional weight and specifically do not allow/advise people to walk on the slide area when the slide is in. People may not put the slide(s) out when loading up at home or when traveling and need to use the restroom or lunch on the road. So, can the Edge models with slides be walked on when pulled in? I am interested in the M22, but others may want to know about the other models in case the answer varies.

TIA,
Aaron

In our 2010 M22 the slide does not have a floor to walk on, the slide moves over the stationary floor of the unit. It is a good question though that I am interested in a factory response for. We occasionally sit on the slide's bench while it is in. Is there any reason we shouldn't do so?

M

Mcreech

There are 2 types of slides (flush floor and above floor)........Flush floor slides are usually in bigger TT and when the slide goes out it actually drops down and makes the slide room floor level with the main floor.....These are the types that really shouldn't be walked on because you could break the floor by stepping on it with no support underneath it......The light weight TT like the Edge have an above floor slide......This means that the slide floor is actually what the couch is sitting on and you can sit on it in either position, because its always supported....I hope this helps.

Mike C

wdk450

Our Bighorn has the necessities accessable with the slides in: The refrigerator and the bathroom.

bighorn3370

Mcreech , I do not under stand why you can walk on the flush floor slides. When they are out, there is no more suport under the floor then when they are in. I have walked on them in the past with out any problems; but if this is wrong I will not any more.

jimtoo

I am not sure, but I think Mcreech is saying the inner portion of the slide floor, (where the carpet flap is) should not support much weight because it is not supported when slide is in... when slide is out and floor is level, then the edge of the slide is being supported by the floor and frame work where it drops into to make it level.

This is my thinking.

Jim M

M

Mcreech

Im saying when the slides are in the IN position........If you bring your slide in and step on the edge of the slide room, you will see it give......This isn't really a good thing to have happen

DougLynne

retired Alberta Chapter Leaders
Boy, that is the whole reason we bought the Bighorn 3055 so that we could have full access to the kitchen and table for lunch stops and not have to put the slides out. The problem with ours is we only have one control switch for the 3 slides so unless I want to play around with the pump, all 3 slides have to come out for our lunch breaks, unless I'm missing something here..../Doug

bighorn3370

Doug, On my 3370rl I have three knobs that I can trun the on or off. It is next to the pump.If I leave them open all the slides open if I close one or two they do not move.

DougLynne

retired Alberta Chapter Leaders
Yes, I knew about the controls on the pump (unmarked, so it is guessing game). I wonder if one got some wedges you could put under the slide when in to support it so you wouldn't have to run the slides out for quick breaks.../Doug

bighorn3370

Doug, I'm not sure about the wedges may cause other problems down the road. As far as the controls next time you set up, close them all and then open one at a time and see what slide it control's. Then you can mark them some way. I have labels on the try the the pump mounts too.