battery/electric help

Bub-Ba-Q

I put in a new optima battery on my Cyclone 4012 and now I have now ac power at all. My landing jacks front and back will not work, no lights, nothing at all. The generator will start though. I checked the fuses on the inverter and they are fine. I am at a complete loss, any help would be appreciated.

beasleyrl

The battery disconnect switch needs to be in the ON position. As I recall, my generator will actually start even with the battery disconnect switch is off. Since it actually started for you, and you say the battery is switch is OFF, that would seem to be the problem. If the polarity was reversed, I would think your generator would be fried...

Bub-Ba-Q

either position for the battery switch does not make a difference, I get nothing. It is like I have no battery what so ever. I don't know why the jacks will not operate even with the generator running

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Everything runs through the battery. The only thing that does not is the A/C and Microwave. Are you sure of 2 things...does the battery have a charge in it and are you sure that you have the battery connected correctly. Red to positive and black to negative??

porthole

Retired
Everything runs through the battery. The only thing that does not is the A/C and Microwave. Are you sure of 2 things...does the battery have a charge in it and are you sure that you have the battery connected correctly. Red to positive and black to negative??

With the generator running the convertor is running, and you have 12 volts.
Don't need a battery in the system at this point. Same thing if connected to shore power.

Bub-Ba-Q

Now I j ust found out the stereo and dvd player do not work. I swear this unit is the biggest piece of S***. I can't believe that $50,000 can buy so much crap. I have had nothing but problems with this thing and how nice is it that the warranty expired on 4-6-10. I thought I researched and was buying a quality unit. I was once proud to show off my camper and tell people where it came from, Now I would not even recommend them to look at a picture of anything from Heartland and I see tens of thousands a year in my travels and shows

Willym

Have you checked the status of the breakers in your ac panel? Was AC power OK before you changed the battery? You say that the generator will start, but will it power anything?

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Did everything work before you disconnected the old battery. If so then something with the new battery has caused the problem. Instead of ranting and raving...go back and recheck everything you did.

Bub-Ba-Q

everything worked before I changed the battery. I acually had to replace had to first replace the battery in January this year. I have no tried 3 different batteries in 2 days and all have the same result, like there is no battery hooked up. I just had it at the service center and paid $165 just for them to tell me to replace the battery, which I just did and now this. This is not the first electri issue with this unit. It almost burnt down the first weekend I had it because of wiring issues, by the grace of God I was in the camper when it started smoking.

Northern Virginia
Bubba, I understand how fustrating things can get when you are working on something that you cannot seem to get right. But your rant against Heartland here almost seems like kicking the dog bacause you had a bad day at work. I am sure we can help you figure out where the problem is and what to do. Here are a few things I can think of to check:

1. Did everything work before you started?
2. What is the battery voltage? A charged battery should be 12.7 volts. What is the voltage at the terminals after the battery is connected?
3. What is the voltage at the disconnect?
4. Seems like the generator is connected to the battery. Is there a splice at the battery terminal that may have come loose?
5. I would chase out the battery voltage in a logical path to find out what may have come loose or disconnected.
6. What is the battery voltage at the converter?

Here is a table of battery charge %
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] 12.65V [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]=100%[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]12.45V[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] =75%[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]12.24V[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] =50%[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]12.06V[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] =25%[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]11.89V or less[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] =Discharged[/FONT]

Keep us posted and good luck, John:)