Installing 80 amp breaker

Clint

I am going to install the upgraded 80 amp breaker in place of the 50 amp for the hydraulic slides. Obviously this can't be placed in the same location because of the size difference, so can it be mounted next to the row of breakers and the leads from the 50 amp breaker attached to it. Also, what about the copper bar attached to all the breakers, can a lead be attached and then hooked to the new 80 amp breaker? Any help, suggestions, or pictures would be greatly appreciated.

jnbhobe

Sounds to me like you have the right idea. Just make sure any wire you use will handle the 80 amps and you insulate all the hot wires

Dragoon

I mounted mine to the right side of the current breakers (your set up may be different). Used the original breaker wire as the output, had a 4-0 wire available in the tool box to finish the job for the hot side. Left the original breaker as it was, just not connected at the output. Hope this helps...

lhetsler

That is one of the best upgrades I did on my 08 Bighorn. I have not once had the fuse reset since the change and before the change it was common to have it reset twice during raising of the legs.