Save your money and buy another brand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bub-Ba-Q

I am sorry to say that I purchase a new 2008 Cyclone 4012 april 2009 and have nothing but regrets. The floor plan is nice and I thought I was buying a great 5th wheel. What a waste of 50k. There obviously is a total lack of quality control and the units is built like crap. From water leaks, electrical, screws popping out, awning issues, doors falling off, fenders coming off, water pump dying, and so many other things,, DO YOURSELF A BIG FAVOR and buy something else. If anybody is interested in more of the issues, send me an email to Bub_Ba_Q@yahoo.com.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Bubba, who is your selling dealer? Has he been any help? Have you contacted Heartland Customer Service?

Please give us some more information.

goodtruck

I to ask if you have contacted Heartland? We have a 2010 Eagle Ridge and the few issues we have had the dealer and Heartland have bent over backwards to make us happy campers.Please let us know what Heartland said.
Thanks

Last edited:

Bub-Ba-Q

I spoke to customer service last week and my response from them was, I am sorry your unit is now out of warranty. So after spending 50k, here is what I have:
-an awning that was not properly installed and now pulling away from the camper
-front leveling jacks that hardly work, or should I say work at all
-looking to get the 6th refridgerator installed, I have since put a second residential unit in the cargo area
-an underbelly about to fall off
-2 cabinet doors that I have had to glue back together
-the access door to the fuel pump coming off, which I have never used but the screws keep coming out and the trim is pulling away
- The passenger side front storage door replace because it just about fell off from the hinges improperly installed
- The slide out in the master leaked like siff because the rubber seal was cut wrong
- The shower leaked because it was not caulked properly
- almost burnt down the first weekend I had it because of faulty wiring
- more electric issues now after replacing the battery for the second time
- water pumped had to be replaced earlier this year
-a leak in the loft above cargo area,
-drain baskets in kitchen sink installed wrong, - rubber seal on top of sink basin rather than bottom, therefore the sink would not drain all the way
-spare tire ripped off because of location where it is stored, all the way at the back and sits far enough down for the slightest hump to catch it,I acually saw the tire rolling down the road
- a screw was missing from one of the hinges on the rear cargo door when it was picked up because the hinge was not aligned properly and off set.
- the wiring for the satellite never worked from the start, I had to have it redone when the satellite was in stalled

Utterly amazing. I have another camper, a 30' Timberland that I bought in 2004 and have never had 1 issue with. I really thought I was upgrading. I really love the space and floor plan of my 4012, but it is amazing at how much the lack of quality control Heartland has. The dealer I bought it from is in Ohio and Heartland had me use 1 closer to home, Atlanta, which was about 75 miles away. I use my camper just about every weekend for shows and BBQ competitions and down time is not an option. Camping World which is 1 mile from 1 of my restaurants just now became an authorized dealer, just right before the warranty expired, at-least the water pumped got covered. I wish I could say good things about the reliability of the unit and quality, but after so many issues, I just can't , it looks great, but I need more than looks for it's purpose. My camper is an extension of my business and I need it to work properly. i expect for things to come up, just not on a regular basis.

For those of you who have unit that you are happy with, congrats and I hope that you enjoy many years out of it. I really wish and thought I was buying the best thing on the market, I spent several months looking before I bought. Since the unit is not just something for extra curricular activities I am now wondering if I need to start looking for something else.

Bobby A

My experiance with Heartland Customer Service is much different, they have been nothing short of AWSOME !! I would think all your issues didn't just appear overnight, when ever I had an issue I would call my dealer than Heartland customer service so it can be documented. It helps to have a good relationship with customer service so they are aware of you and your coachs issues. You might wanna touch base with the supervisor of c/s and give Heartland a chance to respond, however your coach is 3 model years old now, they have to draw the line somewhere. Good luck, I wish your experiance with Heartland was as good as mine, I will buy again in a heart beat and have refered my RV friends to Heartland.

Last edited:

RoadJunkie

I'm not sure why a refrigerator would need replacement six times; The whole refrigerator? I don't know if your interactions on this issue was handled with HL or the manufacture, but I don't know of any other company that would be patient enough to replace an item six times without a propensity for customer service. I see a couple of items on your list that are unique, but the combination of problems have been seen in other rigs, albeit not on any single rig. Sorry to hear of your problems and good luck with getting them resolved to the point where you can enjoy using it.

davebennington

Bub-Ba-Q

Can you tell us with whom you spoke with in customer service? Maybe it was not the right person. Heartland will and have bent over backwards to help folks with problems, it also sounds like your dealer should have taken care of some of the problems that you have encountered.

Dave

Tankie

I went trough 2 fridges and in less than a yr and finally gave up and junked dometic.
I contacted Heartland customer service and this is what I got: Heartland uses the best material available in the industry for each price point. We have had great success with the materials we use.
The key word here is price and that is what it is all about 1 yr warranty hope nothing goes wrong in that yr and claim sorry your warranty is up!
I would like to know what materials they have had such great success with? unless the success is profit.
I see nothing but money being spent out of pocket in the future!

tmcran

I agree with the folks that have indicated that HL customer service had been very good and that the dealer can be of good help as well. However, I also agree with the problems re: QC. Those that have read my past posts concerning the initial problems I had know that I don't mind stating my case and the problems I have had. I still keep an eye on everything. I just noticed the other day that the awning is pulling loose on one end. I think it is due to not using a continuous piece of trim and a piece about 2 feet long was spliced in at the end of the trim. I added 3 more screws and it is holding for now. Good luck in getting your problems resolved.

jbeletti

Bubba,

Very sorry to hear about the difficulties you've had with your Heartland. It's certainly not the typical experience of over 50,000 owners.

I'm unsure why you created this thread. I do want to let you know that your thread is beyond borderline of bashing which is not what this forum is for and is in violation of our terms of use.

You've spoken your peace and I respectfully request you refrain from this tact on this forum.

I sincerely understand your frustration. If myself or anyone on this forum could help you, we would.

Jim Beletti

RollingHome

William (Bub Ba Q), Like you, I too am a first time HL RV owner, I just picked up my unit in Nov. 2009, and I joined the HL forum shortly after. I can appreciate your frustration with your unit, but, perhaps you are using it in a way it was not designed by HL to be used. You stated, your RV is an "extension of your business" and you "can't afford any down time". Your writings and moniker make me believe you are involved commercially in barbequing food “CW is a mile from my restaurant”. You also stated the refrigerator was replaced six (6) times. Was it used in your food business ? William, I believe if HL and the sub-suppliers were told by you that you are using their products in a business and commercial venture your warranty would be null and void. Now that you have made these facts known I believe they can bring litigation for reimbursement. HL's warranty does not cover any RV used commercially, these RV's are designed to be used by consumers for fun, not for business. I believe what you will need to do is have a manufacturer custom build a toy hauler to your spec's and even then I doubt they will warrant it past six (6) months. Respectfully, Tom

Bub-Ba-Q

Well unfortunately for HL, I acually spoke to the engineers about doing some custom work for me before I bought the 4012 on a 3914. they knew exactly what I was doing and had no problem with it. They even told me of a chef in Ca that transformed the back of his into a commercial kitchen. As far as the fridge is concerned, not it never held food for my business, I always used coolers, the product I carried was too big for the fridge. Yes the unit is for business, however, The main area used is the cargo unit. Besides the fact the none of the issues I have had are not directly a result of what I use it form they are manufactures issues and under FEDERAL law, have no bearing under what should be covered.

The bottom line here for me is this. I do not expect anything more from Hl except to do the right thing. I do not want any freebies, upgrades or anything of that nature. I understand and expect things to happen, however, this is above and beyond reasonability. I run a very customer friendly business and have morels about how I do things and I like to business with like companies. I so far have not found that to be with HL. Dometic has been great about the fridge unit when it turned out to be a issue with HL. I give full credit to them and would glady do business with that company anytime.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
I'm curious about what federal law you are refering to. Just when or what year was your coach built and when did you take delivery. Your coach had a 1 year warranty ...90 day adjustment warranty. Most of the applances had a 3 year warranty. Your cyclone is a rolling earthquake...there are somethings as far as maintance that you need to do. Do you travel a lot of miles every year??

rumaco

US Army Retired (CW4)
Generally speaking the longer the complaint post the less they actually did the research and kind of expect all things to turn out perfect! Also some that complain make a lifelong commitment to do just that!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Generally speaking the longer the complaint post the less they actually did the research and kind of expect all things to turn out perfect! Also some that complain make a lifelong commitment to do just that!
Wow, rumaco, I like the way you think!!

Peace
Dave

Bub-Ba-Q

Update:

I received a call from Ryan at Heartland this morning to discuss the issues at hand. I have my unit going in next week to be serviced and have everything looked at. I give Heartland a lot of respect for contacting me and working to make things right and hope to have all of my issues resolved. I spent a lot of time looking at new campers and always ending up back at the Cyclone, believing that that is where I needed to spend my money. I do expect things to come up and just ask that they are made right. It sounds now if I am going to be putting my worries to the side and my faith restored into a a good product and company that stands behind what they do.

William Bubba Latimer

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Update:

I received a call from Ryan at Heartland this morning to discuss the issues at hand. I have my unit going in next week to be serviced and have everything looked at. I give Heartland a lot of respect for contacting me and working to make things right and hope to have all of my issues resolved. I spent a lot of time looking at new campers and always ending up back at the Cyclone, believing that that is where I needed to spend my money. I do expect things to come up and just ask that they are made right. It sounds now if I am going to be putting my worries to the side and my faith restored into a a good product and company that stands behind what they do.

Willliam Bubba Latimer

The bigger question I have is how do you undo all of the bad PR you caused by bashing the company? Just curious.

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Its nice to know things are headed in the right direction. I hope things get fixed quickly and your on the road ,again. Good luck in the BBQ cookoffs, just thinking about BBQ is making me hungry. Let us know how thing turn out.....Kenny

Status
Not open for further replies.