Counter Tops

gratton

I have a BC 3450TS and have read several post about cleaning the Hanex counter tops. But my question is if I were to use a high speed buffer to polish them. What type of cleaner or cream should I use on them?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
When ours get bad looking, I use rubbing compound followed by polishing compound and the a product called Gel Gloss......work for me.
I didn't use a high speed buffer though, and I worked by hand around the faucet and along the wall.

Peace
Dave

B

bwwalczak

Heartland uses buffers on every solid surface countertop before it leaves our plant - to give the glossy sheen.

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
Any secret on how to get rid of the mark left by the rubber roller when the slide is retracted?

Thanks!

jbeletti

Any secret on how to get rid of the mark left by the rubber roller when the slide is retracted?

Thanks!

Rubber rollers leaving marks on the counter tops?

My LM Grand Canyon has a black seal under a counter that rolls in over another counter. A line type of mark appears on the lower counternfrom that seal. Is this what you are getting? Mine cleans off with a wet rag.

Jim

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
Yes, the mark left on the kitchen island. I thought it had to be a roller by the looks of it but I will look more carefully! The mark is much more than a "wipe off" with a rag....haven't been able to get it off with soap and water etc. Going to try some Gel-Gloss or something similar! It doesn't bother me as much as it bothers the DW who likes things "perfectly clean and shiny". ;)

Chainsaw

Saskatchewan Chapter Leader
I made a big scratch in the counter in our LM augusta does anyone know if they used the Hanex tops in that model? It wou;d be great if I could fix this myself/ thanks
Chaninsaw

anggirl

You're not the only ones wondering how to get rid of this mark...I'm wondering, too! If you find an answer, I hope you will post it. I also have several shallow scratches in my countertop (not even sure what caused them) and I am surprised at how easily this stuff apparently scratches.

ChopperBill

We have RV's. Recreational vehicles. Why are we a slave to these fancy pants counter tops? Renee drives me nuts shinning a polishing them. I would have paid a handsome sum for optional Formica!

Northern Virginia
A green Scotch Brite pad will remove almost all scratches and marks. A little elbow grease is required though.

John