3300 RLB has arrived

Stinger381

Well I picked my new 3300 RLB last night and I have to say it was quite nice to pull vs the old Jayco TT. I found a couple little bugs at home that I need to address with the dealer but luckily they are a local dealer so it shouldn't be a big deal at all to get them worked out. Here's a pick of my setup at the fuel pumps just after leaving the dealership! Sorry I took the pic with my Cell phone!
3300RLB..jpg

Stinger381

Re: 3300 RLB finally arrived...

Well, I finally took the new RV out last week for it's maiden voyage and I was a little disappointed but overall it was a great time! Let me tell you about a couple of my minor problems!

When we arrived at the campsite it was late and we got a great site and parked the camper. After I got it all set up we went inside and started setting up for bed time. Well I put a few things in the fridge and turned it on (first time) and we later went to bed. I got up at 3 am to let the dog out and noticed the "check" light was on on the Fridge. I opened it up and it was still warm inside. I turned the Fridge off and then back on and the light went away. I went back to bed. When I got up at 7 am the light was on again. Well I knew the Check light was supposed to come on when the Fridge wasn't getting propane, but I wasn't running it on propane. I was running on Electricity, or so I thought! The lights were on on the fridge so it had to have power running to it! Right ? Wrong!!! I went outside and looked behind the cover and stuck up high in the compartment I saw the cord for the fridge, UNPLUGGED!!! I thought that was crazy so I looked for the plug and finally found it behind some insulation and masking tape! Yes, that's right the plug was covered up by masking tape ! I don't know why but I plugged it in and no more probs with the fridge.

I tried to set up my TV that morning and plugged it into the campsites cable connection and nothing ! No signal was coming through to the TV. I thought it must be the campsite becasue I knew the cable was good. I took a portable TV outside and got a good cable signal so that wasn't it. After lots of testing and configuring I found out that the factory cross wired the cable and satellite inputs so if I hook the cable from the park to the Satellite input on the RV, then hook the TV up to the Cable input I was able to get a cable signal! Nothing major but I really didn't want to spend my whole morning troubleshooting a TV and Refrigerator problem.

I found a couple other spots where the staples didn't bite into studs in the Lving Room slide and I'll have to take that in for repair I guess but all in all it was a great time once the bugs got ironed out!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member

Stinger381, you are right in that you should not have spent your whole morning troubleshooting. Those are all the things that your dealer should have tested before you got your rig, and shown you their operation when you picked it up.

Peace
Dave

ArlingtonFire

That should have been caught by the dealer.......proves that a good PDI is important...I found out the hard way with my old montana mountaineer. Look ahead and enjoy

Bighurt

Well, I finally took the new RV out last week for it's maiden voyage and I was a little disappointed but overall it was a great time! Let me tell you about a couple of my minor problems!

When we arrived at the campsite it was late and we got a great site and parked the camper. After I got it all set up we went inside and started setting up for bed time. Well I put a few things in the fridge and turned it on (first time) and we later went to bed. I got up at 3 am to let the dog out and noticed the "check" light was on on the Fridge. I opened it up and it was still warm inside. I turned the Fridge off and then back on and the light went away. I went back to bed. When I got up at 7 am the light was on again. Well I knew the Check light was supposed to come on when the Fridge wasn't getting propane, but I wasn't running it on propane. I was running on Electricity, or so I thought! The lights were on on the fridge so it had to have power running to it! Right ? Wrong!!! I went outside and looked behind the cover and stuck up high in the compartment I saw the cord for the fridge, UNPLUGGED!!! I thought that was crazy so I looked for the plug and finally found it behind some insulation and masking tape! Yes, that's right the plug was covered up by masking tape ! I don't know why but I plugged it in and no more probs with the fridge.

I tried to set up my TV that morning and plugged it into the campsites cable connection and nothing ! No signal was coming through to the TV. I thought it must be the campsite becasue I knew the cable was good. I took a portable TV outside and got a good cable signal so that wasn't it. After lots of testing and configuring I found out that the factory cross wired the cable and satellite inputs so if I hook the cable from the park to the Satellite input on the RV, then hook the TV up to the Cable input I was able to get a cable signal! Nothing major but I really didn't want to spend my whole morning troubleshooting a TV and Refrigerator problem.

I found a couple other spots where the staples didn't bite into studs in the Lving Room slide and I'll have to take that in for repair I guess but all in all it was a great time once the bugs got ironed out!

Mine was unplugged as well, mine was also still winterized.

I fixed all that stuff before our first trip.