front landing gear, how high can it go?

StevenJ

We have a 2008 3600RL, does anyone know how high the front jacks can go? Is there a stop or a line on the jack to know when it's at the end? My wife thinks they will fall out and I can't really say they won't, I would think there is a safty stop or something. Thanks, Steven J.//heartlandowners.org/images/icons/icon6.gif

Last edited:

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I'm not sure if this answers your question, but I gleaned this off the Venture Mfg. site, Owners Manual. If you follow this link, it will take you to their website page for the manuals.
http://www.venturemfgco.com/standard-landing-gear.html

[FONT=Arial,Bold][FONT=Arial,Bold]System Specifications:[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Bold]
[/FONT]Stroke ~ 20 inches
Drop Leg Adjustment ~ 16 inches
Manual Crank torque w/o Power Kit @ rated load ~ 145 in. lbs.
Single Power Kit Amps @ rated load ~ 30*
Speed @ rated load ~ 2.5 in./min.
Dual Power Kit Amps @ rated load ~ 24* ea. Power Kit

Speed @ rated load ~ 3.0 in./min.

All of the manuals are also found in the Tools tab at the top of this page.

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
A good way to test their limits is test them yourself with your rig connected to you truck. Then paint a red line on the leg marking the higest and lowest most points.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
If you do that, keep an eye and ear on the operation. Running the motor once the limit has been reached seems to be cause for blowing fuses and breakers.

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
The click, click, click you hear, and the landing gear stops moving usually tells you when you have reached the highest it will go. I wouldn't keep pressing the button, once you reached that spot, as many of the previous posters said, you might not like the results.

StevenJ

Ok wait for the clicking and stop, I was wondering how many inches it will extend out before bad things happen.

Last edited:

jnbhobe

Hopefully you'll hear click click click, most people hear two clicks and the fuse is blown, so be real carefull then mark the limits