What's included w/ and what to ask dealer for?

dalspot

We're about to order a Sundance, and as this is our first FW, I'm wondering just what Heartland includes with your unit, and what we should ask the dealer to include in the price we've gotten?

Are all the electric, water, sewer lines, etc. an aftermarket purchase? Does Heartland include all user manuals with your unit?

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
The shore power cord should come with the unit, but the water and sewer hoses are not unless your dealer "gives" them to you as a starter kit. When we got our BH, I declined the "kit" since I had better hoses than they would have given me (from our TT), and didn't need the pack of toilet paper. The dealer should also install a single 12V battery in the rig, as well. If they do give you sewer hoses, you will probably want to replace them after the first season with sturdier ones. A bedspread and pillow shams should also be in it. From our experience, all of the necessary appliance manuals were included in the owner packet, a blue plastic attache pouch. Many other manuals or instruction sheets can be downloaded from the Tool section on this forum or by visiting the supplier's website.

Look carefully at the options available from Heartland before you order to decide whether or not you want them. Many things like slide toppers or windows awnings can be added later by the dealer, but dual pane windows (if available on Sundance) need to be added to the build order.

LongIslandTodd

2003 Chevy 2500HD Duramax
Dual pand windows are avil. we have them and love them. Slide toppers work great. Sundance comes with great owners manual. Plus any other questions this is a great site.

dynaguy

aftermarket accessories such as hoses, levels, roof vent covers, hitches etc are sold through the dealer. there are a few options available through the mfgr and your dealer should let you know your choices.