need frame info for pin box upgrade

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I am considering upgrading to a Reese 5th Airborne pin box. What is the mfg name and model number of the frame, so I can be sure to order the correct model of Reese 5th Airborne pin box.

truknutt

Committed Member
It's not the frame numbers that you need, it's the make and model of the pinbox. On my Cyclone the numbers are stamped in the box but may be hard to see with the black paint over them. As an example, mine is a Lippert 1621HD. If you still can't find it on your rig then give Heartland Customer Service a call and with your VIN they can tell you exactly what you need.

Good Luck,
Dave

RollingHome

Also note Lippert makes a 1621 AND a 1621HD pin box and they are different. Like Dave, I too have a 1621HD pin box, but it's on a 3670BH, it's a popular box. On the back of the pin box frame (that's the 12" wide U-channel that the pin box bolts to) should be a label to confirm the pin box frame. I'm not an expert but one could deduce a 1621HD pin box frame utilizes a 1621HD pin box. The Reese company should be able to tell you their xyz pin box is a drop in for the Lippert 1621HD pin box. Before you buy though, try to get in writing that the Reese's pin box has the exact geometry the 1621HD does. I had a problem because the "Direct replacement" Trailair pin box (L15) did not work with my new body style Chevy/GM, you have a classic body style and would not have my problem. Tom

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Well, I looked on the pin box frame, and I don't have the numbers other posters have. It has a stock number, 019-xxxxxxxxx and an item number of 204268. Please factory, help?

TT

RollingHome

Trailair also states if you give them exact pin box measurments they can figure out their correct replacement. Smart money says Reese can/will too as a last resort. However, I would start with a call to HL customer service.

B

bwwalczak

1621HD is the Lippert pin box model on the ElkRidge 34QSRL.