Don't do this

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
That is where i saw it. Just goes to show you there are nuts everywhere. I just wonder if it wasn't an ad for Toyota.

Charlie Harris

There might be a few dishes broke,,and a little water running thru the camper,,but looks like it is a rugged unit. Note the nerf bars down the front sides and the big skid plate to the rear. The two spare tires. Wonder what there springs look like after the trip.

Northern Virginia
I don't think I would call them idiots though. More like extreme camping. Looks like they modified their camper and truck quite a bit for the trek. I thought their rigs were pretty well equipped for their task.

John

Last edited:

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I agree with newbie. these guys know exactly what they're doing and for the most part are prepared for it. I'm betting they're also getting pretty well paid for it as well. Looks like fun adventure to me.

jdfishing

Yup, these guys new exactly what they were doing and had the equipment to do it with. I'll bet that trailer was a shell with nothing in it. If you've ever driven a vehicle with front and rear locked differential, you know they will just about climb a tree. Man, what a hunting rig that would be.

Bighurt

Not the run of the mill trailer, rock bars and skid plates, even the hitch is designed to drag.

I've seen expedition vehicles before and this one is quite a work up.

Not exactly a market but an interesting concept.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Wonder if they're on the Trailer manufacturer's owner's forum now complaining that they have a water line leaking?:rolleyes: